Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator
The Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator works with faculty and academic departments to enrich and enhance the learning experience. The Director supports effective teaching and learning through the use, management and training of technology including learning management systems and assessment tools.
The Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator applies knowledge of the principles of Educational Technology, Digital Systems Management, Technological Training and Development, Project Management and Organizational Change Management to assure all digital systems in use at the institution are well implemented, supported and integrated with each other to assure that the use of technology by the LCCW community is facilitated with respect for the diverse populations of users and the mission and goals of the college.
Educational Technology and Online Learning
The Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator administers and manages the Learning Management System (LMS) by coordinating and providing support to faculty in development and use of the LMS for classroom and online programs using flexible and client- centered support to meet the needs of faculty, alumni, continuing education and other College users.
In collaboration with the Director of Assessment and Educational Effectiveness and Educational Technology Specialist, the Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator:
- explores ways to bring new educational technology tools into the classroom to enhance the learning experience and research and recommend new collaborative technologies as the need arises
- works with the Continuing Education Department on the development of online offerings to be made available worldwide; all of these programs are to be developed in line with the vision and mission of LCCW in recognition of the fact that as lifelong learners, chiropractors require continued education beyond that foundation received in Chiropractic College
Digital Systems Management
The Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator:
• Participates in technology strategy planning by providing implementation and integration consultation demonstrating an understanding of current and future institutional goals
• Coordinates the implementation of all academic and strategic planning digital systems in collaboration with major stakeholders including academic, research and operations personnel
• Identifies and resolves issues that may impair effective embedding of the systems in the larger digital landscape
• Develops a renewal and upgrade schedule for digital systems supporting educational and institutional effectiveness
In collaboration with individual system administrators:
• Identifies and resolves redundancies in systems before acquisition of new systems or updates to established systems are instituted.
• Assures the integration and communication pathways between systems are at optimal levels and makes suggestions for enhancements and/or modifications.
• Remains aware of user experiences and proactively communicates opportunities for both user training opportunities and system alterations to better meet user needs.
To facilitate effective and expedient collection and analysis of assessment and institutional research data the Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator will consult with the Director of Assessment and Educational Effectiveness and the Director of Institutional Research to provide appropriate faculty and staff training opportunities on the use of digital data collection and analysis platforms.
The Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator will design and conduct workshops and seminars addressing all LCCW digital systems and assure that new employees receive training in systems appropriate for their position requirements.
Data Base Management
Working with the Director of Assessment and Educational Effectiveness and the Director of Institutional Research, the Coordinator supports effective use of data for informed decision making through the administration of digital systems used in the management of data including learning management systems, assessment management systems, and other data base systems as required.
The Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator collaborates with the Director of Assessment and Educational Effectiveness to facilitate the effective use of digital systems for special projects in the Science of Teaching and Learning and Assessment.
Other responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Use of strong critical thinking and analytical skills, including data analysis, for solutions- oriented problem solving
- Experience in the education/training of adult learners (Five Years)
- Experience working within an e-learning environment (Three Years)
- Experience in digital systems management
- Track record of fostering collaboration and lasting partnerships in a cross-functional leadership capacity
- Proven ability to work effectively and expediently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated appreciation and advocacy for diversity in an educational or similar professional setting
KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Principles of Project Management
- Principles of Organizational Change Management
- Theories of learning with emphasis on the use, implementation and best practices for instructional technologies
- Program assessment strategies
- Demonstrated appreciation and advocacy for diversity
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- PMI Certification
- OCM Certification
- Prior Help Desk and Internal Customer Support experience
Apply for Educational Technology and Digital Systems Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly