Student Employment Specialist
Student Employment Specialist
Posting Number: S00939
Location: Middlebury Main Campus
Hiring Minimum: $19.13
Typical hours per two week pay period: 38.75
Brief Position Summary:
Independently manage the Student Employment Office throughout the academic and summer student employment seasons. Work cooperatively with student supervisors to meet their student employment needs. Collaborate with human resources colleagues on shared departmental priorities.
- Hire, train, manage and evaluate student employees to successfully maintain year round coverage of the SEO office.
- Manage the annual SEO calendar of activities focused on providing efficient placement of student employees across campus and timely communications.
- Oversee policy development and student employee handbook updates in collaboration with the Employment Manager.
- Implement campus communications throughout the year to keep the campus informed about SEO processes and timelines.
- Advise student supervisors on hiring practices and performance management issues related to student employees.
- Ensure the appropriate placement of student positions in the student wage scales, supervise the use of banner to create and maintain student employment records.
- Maintain student employment documents and purge as necessary.
- Function as primary administrator for the PeopleAdmin student position type. Assist supervisors with utilizing PeopleAdmin to maintain student job descriptions and manage position openings.
- Train new managers on EPAFs and manage input and approval process.
- Review bi-weekly student payroll, process special pays.
- Ensure compliance with labor laws and College policies with students, supervisors and ISSS as they relate to student employees.
- Provide annual student supervisor training, participate in new student info sessions and orientation, and present info sessions to hiring managers and students about student employment services.
- Manage summer student employment process:
-Collaborate with Res. Life, LS operations, dining, public safety, and facilities to manage approval and tracking of housing for summer student employees.
-Coordinate summer research approvals and processes with Office of Undergraduate Research and other campus constituents.
-Oversee set up of SRA stipends and communications regarding housing and meal fees.
-Develop statistics and report on student employment as requested.
-Coordinate changes with Res. Life, SFS and other various constituents.
-Collect housing and meals data; communicate to SFS for inclusion in student bills.
In addition, the position will continue to provide Departmental support in the following areas:
- Serves as point of contact for the department, responding to in-person inquiries from customers during standard office hours at the Bowker location.
- Provide self-service support to customers using on-site kiosk to expand employee self-sufficiency.
- Assists job seekers with the online resume submission process in person.
- Hires, trains and supervises MIDD student workers and manages work assignments to assist in daily HR operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and database systems. Knowledge of Drupal or other web content management software and Ellucian Banner preferred.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is essential. Must have ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, stressful environment. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
3 - 5 years of Human Resources or Student Employment experience with an emphasis on working with the public and advising managers.
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening:
Criminal Background Check
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
To apply, visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/15770
Middlebury is committed to hiring a diverse staff and faculty as we work to foster innovation in our curriculum and to provide a rich and varied educational experience to our increasingly diverse student body. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.