This position maintains datacenter technology networks. This includes virtualization, client/server, storage area network, backup and disaster recovery technologies based on industry best practices. Requirements also include providing systems engineering best practices and support for the organization by performing the duties listed below.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work with the Managed Services group to identify technical requirements of current and future datacenter technologies for deployment.
• Support datacenter technology solutions based on industry best practices.
• Serve as escalation point for managed services business unit.
• Operational support of datacenter strategies and architectures.
• Perform systems analysis and recommended improvements for managed services clients.
• Develop detailed documentation of deployed systems.
• Provide quality assurance documentation review and peer review for managed services clients.
• Develop and maintain solid relationships with clients, prospective clients and other staff members.
• Maintain department approved training, mentoring, and certification per company standards.
• Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
• Experience in configuration (including build from scratch) and administration of VMware based virtualized infrastructure including VMware vSphere and vCenter technologies.
• Systems engineering and administration in a Microsoft environment including Microsoft server and messaging technologies.
• Knowledge of legacy Microsoft technologies for migration purposes required.
• Cisco UCS and storage technologies as it pertains to UCS deployment within a datacenter.
• Virtualized desktop infrastructure experience is preferred.
• MCITP: Systems Administrator or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate/MCSA: Windows 2008/2012 required. Expert certifications preferred.
• VMware VCP 4+ Prefered.
• Additional certifications (i.e., NetApp, EMC, HP, Dell, Cisco) preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience in datacenter environments, including engineering (hardware and software), security practices, design, planning and implementation.
Communication and Reasoning Skills
• Must be able to communicate professionally to clients and management both verbally and in writing.
• Must be willing to work in a strong team environment.
• Must be able to work independently and complete work within specified deadlines.
• Excellent problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
• Strong analysis and organizational skills are imperative with demonstrated capability for problem determination and resolution.
• Must be able to effectively handle tickets simultaneously and properly prioritize client issues and needs.
• Professionalism, attention to detail and a positive, customer-focused attitude are imperative.
• Strong aptitude and the ability to pick up new technologies quickly, adapting to the changing market.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit and use hands to type and operate a computer and mouse. The employee is frequently required to talk, hear, bend and twist neck. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee is required to have a valid driver's license and be capable of driving long distances. Employee may be required to use their personal vehicle for business purposes.
i-Tech is a unique team of business and technology professionals who are OBSESSED with excellent service, honesty, ethics and quality.
We work with mid-sized organizations as a true technology PARTNER. Our combination of business expertise (our principals are accountants), extreme professionalism and a broad, but deep technical knowledge base allows us to focus on business RESULTS through technology.
i-Tech is a Acumatica Gold Partner, Microsoft Certified SILVER Partner, and a Cisco Premier Partner specializing in Advanced Unified Communications, Route/Switch, Wireless and Cyber Security. We have over 125 years of combined experience on staff. We possess the skills, experience and industry partnerships to be a true Total Technology Support partner to our clients.
Our full suite of products and services includes: Managed Services, Help Desk, Technology Planning, LAN/WAN Design and Deployment, Cisco Unified Communications Solutions / IP Telephony, Cisco Routing and Switching, Cisco Security, Wireless, Citrix and Microsoft Terminal Server Thin-Client Computing, Microsoft BackOffice Server Solutions, Security and Disaster Planning, Storage Area Networking, PC and Network Support, Internet/VPN Technologies, Certified Network Cabling, Proactive Support, 24X7 Monitoring and Value-Added Training.
Sun, 27 Aug 2017 10:37:36 PDT