Digital Business Analyst
Digital Business Analyst
Requisition Number: STFR003977
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
The Digital Business Analyst works on a variety of technology projects and initiatives, with a focus on Digital projects. As a member of the Project & Service Management Office, the Digital Business Analyst acts as a key member of the digital technology capability at Northeastern, and is responsible for identifying business needs and determining solutions while maintaining a focus on customer satisfaction, innovation, relationship building, change management and driving positive results. The Digital Business Analyst will:
- Assist customers in defining and documenting business cases, user stories and business requirements.
- Work with Business unit representatives and the Digital Technology team to assess project benefit and impact
- Partner with other digital capabilities and system teams across the university to provide recommendations/proposed solutions to customers.
- Work with the customer and ITS to establish test plans and expected results.
- Support the creation of training materials and documentation.
- Leverage effective communication skills to balance client needs and expectations with available resources and competing projects.
- Assist in managing the digital program
- Assist in onboarding new digital projects
- Understand Northeastern/s digital strategy and ensure project alignment
- Perform tasks related to operational/maintenance projects as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the University community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline and two to five years’ experience in a web or digital role is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are crucial for this role. Must be able to effectively communicate to audiences at all levels of the organization, translating for both technical and non-technical audiences. Proven digital and/or product owner experience is required. This includes writing business cases, user stories, and test plans for digital efforts; defining acceptance criteria, developing project plans, and estimating work effort. Must also demonstrate excellent negotiation, analysis, problem-solving, decision-making and time management skills. Must have the ability to interact with customers in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, maintaining positive relationships and building consensus on project goals.
A criminal background check is required for this position.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.