Assistant Athletic Trainer (REVISED QUALIFICATIONS)
The State University of New York College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill is an accredited polytechnic college that is primarily baccalaureate and residential. SUNY Cobleskill is one of few institutions in the United States where an undergraduate student may also choose to earn an associate degree. The College has an enrollment of approximately 2,500 students in 52 programs divided into two schools, Agriculture and Natural Resources; Business and Liberal Arts & Sciences. An economic engine for rural New York, SUNY Cobleskill is home to a wide array of extended learning and professional development opportunities.
Modeling experiential education, SUNY Cobleskill is committed to providing small classes, excellent facilities, and a hands-on learning environment. Whether students plan to further their education or begin their professional careers, they graduate with the foundation to pursue their goals and to succeed.
SUNY Cobleskill, a NCAA Division III school competing in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC), is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Assistant Athletic Trainer.
The incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following:
1. Prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for athletes in 19 varsity sports
2. Administrative duties include acting as the liaison between the Campus Wellness Center and Team Orthopedic
3. Injury and treatment record keeping, supply inventory, and program budgeting
4. Provide practice and athletic contest coverage
5. Teaching responsibilities in the Sport and Exercise Department as assigned along with advisement of Sport and Exercise and Sport Management students.
Bachelor's degree in Athletic Training or closely related field
- NATA certification
- New York State Athletic Training certification
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule based on athletic practice and contest schedule
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred that the candidate also have:
- A Master's degree in Athletic Training or closely related field