Project Manager Commercial Construction
iConstructors has an immediate opening for an experienced Project Manager to join our Building/Ground Up Division. Project Managers have project ownership from start to finish, and because they own the project, they are responsible for the outcome. We seek Project Managers that stand above and beyond their peers and can appreciate the superior quality of the process and the great end product.
The Project Management positions require strong leadership, communication, organizational skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate works with minimal supervision, is a team player, and takes initiative. Must have proven experience with bidding, scope reviews, and contractor awards; supporting day-to-day activities in the field; tracking contracts, submittals, change orders, RFI's; performing quality control inspections and punch lists during construction; effectively communicating with clients, contractors and site personnel. Must be able to read and understand construction drawings and have a strong desire to succeed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be highly proficient in the following Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
- Estimating commercial projects
- Subcontractor Management
- Project Scheduling
- Job Cost Accounting / Client Billing / Budgeting
- Direct Client Interaction
- Management of Field Supervisors
- Proficient with construction accounting software and Microsoft Office platform.
- Effective written/oral communication skills
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a closely related field is required. We do not substitute experience for education.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contractor
- Proven experience managing others
- Flexibility to travel within the State of Florida is required
As an iConstructors Project Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining the iConstructors standards for safety, ethical behavior, and customer service at all times.
- Ensuring a schedule is in place during project set up and sub-bidding that reflects the project strategy and is sufficient for estimating and subcontractor purchasing selection.
- Developing a purchasing schedule and strategy to anticipate, address and resolve purchasing challenges during the early stages of pre-construction.
- Executing each project phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout and post-construction services.
- Collaborating with your team in set up of projects to ensure profitability, client satisfaction and the best subcontractors for the job.
- Working in partnership with the Project Superintendent to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule.
- Thorough completion of all financial data with an eye to quickly identify potential/existing issues that could lead to subpar financial performance.
- Effectively administering the requisitioning and collections process to ensure timely payments.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to reinforce a commitment to unequalled customer service across the board: including co-workers, clients, subcontractors, vendors, and the design community.
- Promoting positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors and continually instilling this philosophy in the project team at all times.
- Communicating effectively with field team members as well as keep them active in decision-making.
Other important information
- We are a Drug Free Workplace.
- Pre-employment drug test and background check for felony convictions, sexual predator, and reckless driving history will be conducted.
- Valid Driver's License, good driving record, and properly insured vehicle are required.
To be considered for this position, please submit a listing of your commercial project experience along with your resume.
iConstructors is a commercial general contractor performing services throughout the State of Florida. Please see our company website for additional information. http://www.iconstructors.com
Our hiring standards are very high. We go to great lengths to seek out the finest, most qualified people in the country. Because of the incredible responsibility you are given from day one, our standards have to be high and there can be no exceptions. We look for people who are hard working, professional leaders that are career focused and will do whatever it takes to get the job done for our clients.If you are passionate about the commercial construction industry, understand and believe in the importance of paying attention to the details then you are potentially a candidate for an opportunity with our company.
Find us on facebook.
DISCLOSURE TO EXECUTIVE RECRUITING FIRMS AND STAFFING AGENCIES
iConstructors does not accept contacts or resumes from any recruiting or staffing agencies, unless previous written agreements have been made. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of iConstructors, and iConstructors will not be obligated to pay any associated fees. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers.
Sun, 27 Aug 2017 05:04:37 PDT