Marketing Coordinator, Center for Professional Development – Requisition # 170000018C
This position is responsible for managing the marketing strategy and techniques used to promote non-credit programs. In consultation with the director and program coordinators, this position will develop and enhance the overall marketing strategy to be used by the office and will monitor placement, engagement, and return on investment for various marketing techniques employed. The position will also monitor effectiveness of campaigns and make suggestions for improvement, based on engagement data and overall performance. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with developing and managing the marketing strategy (both digital and traditional) for the Center for Professional Education. The strategies employed will focus on developing and strengthening the Center's brand and achieving goals for participation/revenue generation. The position will be responsible for making recommendations for ad placement, monitoring ad performance with a variety of metrics, and determining which ad strategies are the most successful.
- Writing, editing, designing and updating website content, email communications, social media postings, and other marketing collateral to support fulfilling the marketing strategy of the organization. Ensures that all communications meet University and Center for Professional Education media/communication guidelines and standards.
- Developing analytics and reports to measure performance and ensure that the Center's marketing campaigns are appropriately focused and goals are met.
- Assisting with developing marketing budgets, both for broad marketing of the Center and for individual programs. The budget development process will require knowledge of current marketing trends and associated costs.
- Monitoring overall website maintenance and development.
Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, or related disciplines. Must have 1-3 years’ experience in developing and managing marketing campaigns, including social media marketing; writing/editing copy for a variety of platforms; and elevating/raising brand awareness. Prefer 3 or more years’ experience in developing strategic marketing initiatives, with clearly defined goals and measurable outcomes, managing large-scale campaigns, assigning metrics and assessing campaign performance. Must have knowledge of marketing best practices and ability to apply them to marketing strategy and goals; knowledge of marketing strategy and ability to implement strategic initiatives that raise awareness and generate inbound traffic; knowledge of marketing trends and ability to translate those into successful strategic marketing practices. Must have the ability to develop goals and associated metrics that support fulfilling marketing strategy; ability to write and edit copy for a variety of communication channels (web, email, social media, etc.); ability to analyze data and generate reports for evaluation and planning; ability to develop budget models for marketing strategies; ability to follow protocol and standards when developing marketing collateral; ability to provide design/creative development for collateral. Must have knowledge of the local/regional economy to assist with developing successful marketing strategies.
Please include a resume and cover letter as attachments when completing your application. Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=170000018C
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.