Financial Aid Coordinator
Financial Aid Coordinator, Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships – requisition # 170000016K
The primary purpose for this position is to review eligibility and award funds for federal and state aid. This is accomplished through pre and post-packaging reports/review of awards and administering the Federal Campus Based programs (Perkins, SEOG and Work Study). Responsibilities include:
- Processing all PLUS loans and assists with loan related Cflags.
- Managing the import and export of files with the Department of Education and resolves all loan related rejects.
- Assisting the Work Study Coordinator in administering the Federal Work Study Program.
- Serving as primary point of contact for campus based programs (Perkins, SEOG and Federal Work Study).
- Assisting with study abroad students, concurrent enrollment students and Satisfactory Academic Progress reviews.
- Counseling and giving advice to current and prospective students (and/or their parents) on the financial aid process, availability, eligibility, and different types of funding available for their educational financing.
Bachelor’s degree required. Previous experience in a Student Financial Aid Office required. Prefer previous experience processing student aid using Banner. Prefer previous experience managing Financial Aid programs. Must be detail oriented. Must have effective customer service and interpersonal skills; superior organizational and problem resolution skills required. Must be a self-starter and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines. Basic computer skills including MS Office required. Ability to work in a highly stressful environment and possess a high energy level as well as a tremendous amount of stamina. Must have excellent oral and communication skills and be able to work in a computerized environment. Must be comfortable talking in front of groups of students/parents about financial aid and in an individual one on one setting. Ability to access student information and reports in the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS); this requires position holder not to be in default on any Title IV student loans. Persons with defaulted loans are not granted access to NSLDS.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=170000016K
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.