Quality Technician - Optical Films & Components
Fusion Optix in-house manufacturing team is adding new equipment and growing rapidly. The team has an opportunity for a talented and driven Quality Assurance Technician with relevant experience and skills. We are particularly interested in candidates with prior production experience. This is a hands-on production role in a fast growing group. Exciting opportunity with enormous growth plus overtime potential for suitably qualified applicants. Potential for significant career advancement and scope for additional responsibilities. Reporting to the Group Manager.
- Proficiency with MS office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Validate Q.C. measures throughout all production steps on the production floor
- Ensure Q.C. functions are executed within all production steps
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Support and coordinate S.C.A.R.'s (Supplier Corrective Action Report)
- Support and coordinate COC / COA (Certificate of Compliance / Certificate of Analysis)
- Support and coordinate 8D Problem Solving
- Support and coordinate any other vendor compliance programs
- Coordinate and support RMA's (Return Merchandise Authorization)
- Identify and escalate critical quality issues appropriately to management
- Support and validate outgoing shipment from production
- Assure finished products conform to company standards and satisfy regulations
- Implement in process measuring technology where needed and suitable
- Issue quality documents such as test methods, product labels and other documents to department
- Validate incoming shipments of materials
- Collaborate with internal departments on strategy and implementation of quality and regulation requirements
- Performs internal audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Technical or engineering qualification
- Prior experience in support of commercial QA compliance and operations
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and consistently both verbally and in writing to internal an external customers
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work effectively to meet timelines with quality deliverable's
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to appropriately select measuring devices
- Good documentation skills
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
Fusion Optix is a world leader in LED light engines and optics. We design, develop and manufacture components and modules that are used in lighting fixtures, lamps and bulbs. We are a hard working, collegiate and international team that are revolutionizing the way people light their lives. Our compensation and benefits are designed to attract, reward and retain the best talent. We reward performance and In addition to competitive base salaries we offer bonuses and profit related pay. Our benefit package is comprehensive and includes Fidelity 401K with 6% company matching, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage. Our philosophy is to reward quality work, excellent customer service, high performing results and team building wherever we can, Fusion Optix promotes from within wherever possible.
Fusion Optix was recently voted by Red Herring as one of the Top100 most innovative companies in the Americas and listed by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing manufacturing company in the US. We have sold products to 40 countries worldwide and our customers include some of the world's most distinguished brands. We are recognized as industry leaders in optics and our patented innovations can be found in products used every day in business or the home. As well as, the demanding scientific, medical, military and aerospace applications. Our company headquarter is in Woburn MA where we house our main air conditioned cleanroom production operations.
Visit our website (http://www.fusionoptix.com) or follow us on twitter (@fusionoptix).
Sun, 27 Aug 2017 16:33:13 PDT