10003675 - Director, Federal Program Operations
Director, Federal Program Operations
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 3.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Director, Federal Program Operations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the entire Federal Program Operations unit. Main areas of oversight include behind the scenes administration of all federal Title IV programs and private loan programs, Return of Title IV Fund (R2T4) calculations, reconciliation of select institutional funds. Oversee, manage and coordinate framework for training and development of staff.
- Provide oversight for all federal program and Return of Title IV Funds workflows and monitor/ensure accuracy with unit quality assurance findings. Maintain current knowledge of federal Title IV regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid. Interpret and apply all related updates to federal and state regulations and University policies and ensure compliance with all regulations as they apply to all federal programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all matters that pertain to the automated systems that are part of the Federal Program Operations processes, and ensure functional testing for new and existing queries and software is outlined and executed. Work closely with the Assistant Vice President of Federal Program Operations, key stakeholders within the Federal Program Operations unit and the Financial Aid Systems team to design, develop and maintain continuous improvements/automation for Federal Program Operations processes.
- Provide strategic training to internal and external staff members on federal programs and R2T4 calculations, and coordinate with FA Systems, Finance and Student Accounts to identify and develop ongoing improvements to Title IV fund delivery methods. Additionally, serve as the primary point of contact for the unit on all escalated students issues and counsel students and parents on financial aid processes/eligibility.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Vice President of Federal Program Operations to administer the federal Campus Based programs, create/update institutional scholarship/grant fund allocation tracking, and maintain and compile data for mandatory external and internal reporting (federal and institutional programs), including the annual FISAP.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and six (6) years of experience monitoring and interpreting federal regulations with regards to administering Title IV student financial aid programs.
- 5 years of progressive leadership/managerial experience in financial aid higher education administration and hands-on experience administering/managing federal aid programs.
- Experience working with both traditional and non-traditional student populations.
- Ability to analyze administrative and operational scenarios and reach practical business solutions to optimize available resources.
- Demonstrated follow-through in implementing policy and procedural changes.
- Strong working knowledge of student information systems and data processing techniques for automated systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including but not limited to; Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to document work clearly, make independent decisions, multi-task and prioritize concurrent deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with a strong commitment to customer service.
- Master’s degree.
- Functional PeopleSoft experience.