Sr. Investigator & Title IX Coordinator
Working Title Sr. Investigator & Title IX Coordinator
Eastern Washington University seeks an experienced professional Senior Investigator & Title IX Coordinator to conduct workplace investigations including, but not limited to complaints of: discrimination, harassment, Title IX, bullying, fraternization, ethics, and violations of University policies, procedures, rules and regulations. This position will also be responsible for the supervision of one or more other investigative team members and maintain coordination and oversight of all investigative and Title IX responsibilities. The position resides in the University's Human Resources Office and must conduct fair and objective investigations in a setting that includes represented and non-represented employees. The job responsibilities include: receipt of complaints; responding to questions relating to complaints, policies and investigative matters, conducting thorough complaint intakes to identify specific factual allegations; determining whether an investigation is warranted; timely conducting investigations consistent with the University Investigative Guidelines, applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements, and applicable laws and regulations; preparing well-written Investigative Finding Reports that document factual findings rather than conclusions of law; establishing and maintaining confidential investigative files; monitoring students' participation in athletics and academics to ensure students are being provided with equal educational opportunities; coordinating the collection and analysis of information from an annual climate survey; maintaining records consistent with the Washington State Public Records, Records Retention, and E-discovery laws and regulations; working with the University's Labor Relation's Manager and Public Records Officer to timely and properly respond to union and public records requests; testifying in depositions, arbitrations, courts or other legal arenas regarding investigations; conducting training; providing support to supervisors/managers related to supervisory investigations; maintaining websites which address university complaint response processes in an accessible, informative, and user-friendly manner; an investigative database for both tracking and reporting; and working collaboratively with Human Resources, and all other relevant university department staff to coordinate responses, and to coordinate annual notification requirements.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
The position will be involved in the receipt of or accountable for university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with vulnerable adults, developmentally disabled individuals, or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to successfully complete a criminal background check.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.Required Qualifications:
- Masters degree, other advanced degree, three or more years of investigative experience or equivalent education or experience.
- Degree Required by: Date of application
- Three or more years investigating, litigating, managing and/or responding to employment, criminal, discrimination, or whistleblower complaints, including preparation of written investigative reports;
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to maintain professional and collaborative interactions with other staff and university constituents;
- Must have the aptitude to remain objective and fair in the course of investigatory and other work assignments;
- Demonstrated strong computer skills to facilitate preparation of written and statistical reports, including proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills to ensure that multiple pending investigations and other work duties are completed in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to understand and comply with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Professional experience providing training
- Professional experience and/or training as a Mediator
- Professional experience with legal and/or administrative proceedings
- Supervisory experience
Other Skills and Abilities: