Nursing Lab Manager
Position Title: Nursing Lab Manager
Department: Health Occupations Academic Area
Reports To: Director of Nursing Programs
Expected Starting Salary: $20,746.38
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. Summer's off! For more details about benefits, go to www.nmc.edu/hr/. This position is eligible for part-time, regular employee benefits.
The position coordinates the nursing lab by ensuring that the lab is organized, and equipment is accounted for, accessible and secure, and students are appropriately trained.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Bachelor's degree and some post-graduate level education
- Basic life support certified (BLS)
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan
- BLS Instructor
- Experience using an EMR program
- Experience with clinical simulation
- Experience with IV pumps
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Master’s Degree in Public Health, or Master’s Degree in Health Education
- Three years' experience in acute care nursing with an emphasis on MedSurg
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
This is a part-time, 24 hours per week, 42 weeks per year position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on September 18, 2017 will receive first consideration. Join NMC for a career where you will be part of an organization with history, a legacy, and possibility! Applications must be submitted online. For more information, visit NMC on the web at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs For assistance call 231-995-1377 or 1-800-748-0566 x51377 or email email@example.com .
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.