Storage Engineering Consultant
Data Domain: - Data Domain architecture and product family knowledge; Oracle RMAN Boost Direct backup experience; Familiarity with Data Domain using any of these features: NFS, CIFS, RMAN boost, OST boost, Resource Lock Compliancy.
Understanding of storage as a service
Professional experience architecting /engineering solutions built in a public cloud environment
Experience with encryption-at-rest and key management solutions
Understanding of Storage Services within leading cloud providers (AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE)
Additional technical understanding in the following technologies:
Thin Provisioning, SRDFA, Recoverpoint, Snapview Snapshots and Clones, Fast Cache, Fast VP, Brocade Director Series, All Flash Array technologies, Load Dynamix, EMC Vipr SRM, Centera, VMware Storage Experience, Scripting/language programming (Perl, Ruby, Python, ksh, REX)
- Work with key stakeholders to identify requirements and document specifications.
- Develop engineering designs while working with Architecture, Implementation, and Operations to facilitate project initiation through operation (run).
- Conduct presentations, work with project teams, establish standards, strategies, best practices, including storage implementation documentation standards
- Produce metrics and status reports to present infrastructure performance and work initiative progress to leadership. Assist with reporting 'best practices', availability and service management metrics measuring the success of the team effectiveness
- Provide comprehensive testing plans for all development changes.
- Provide level 3 Engineering Support.
- 8+ years of experience managing and leading teams supporting various Enterprise Storage Solutions and services including EMC VMAX, VNX, VPLEX, NetApp, Brocade SAN Fabric, Symantec NetBackup, Replication
- Provide technical and managerial direction to team and service providers. Excellent understanding of current storage technology trends across all managed computing platforms (zOS, Unix, Windows, VMWare, Citrix, etc.) Experience with disaster recovery techniques including replication
- Technical expertise across various disciplines to resolve complex infrastructure integration issues/problems and interface with multiple vendors to coordinate resolution to both hardware and software problems; Full project/product life cycle management experience; ability to handle large, complex projects and support P1 incidents
Bachelor Degree or seven years of equivalent work experience
HCR Group places both direct hire personnel and consultants around the country.
Sat, 26 Aug 2017 12:22:23 PDT