Senior Software Architect
Senior Software Architect
As a Sr. Software Architect you will be responsible for developing in a local website environment, deploying to stage environments for client testing and quality assurance, deploying code to the production environment, and working with the Project Management team to make solution recommendations and/or provide estimates as needed.
It is expected that you will be passion driven, have an ever increasing love for embracing technology and seeing our clients and those that surround you succeed. We love working together and are united around what matters. We love to learn and to share that learning amongst our team. It is your goal to see all of this happen!
If you have never worked with Magento before, consider this a challenge to sharpen your skills as an individual, all the while serving others and passionately pursuing what you love doing.
This position is located in Springfield Missouri. You must live close or be willing to commute. Ability to work from home on an as-needed basis is available but the majority of the time you will need to be in the office to collaborate with your fellow llama engineers!
- 5+ years of experience programming in PHP 5, Java or another similar object oriented language
- 3- 4 years of MySQL or MS SQL database experience
- An understanding of the Model-View-Controller (MVC) paradigm and other basic design patterns
- Experience working with a version control system such as Subversion or Git
- Willingness and interest in leading a team of developers
- Ability to work well in a team development environment
- Strong personal leadership ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about technology with a sharp attention to detail
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Characteristics
- 2+ years of hands on Magento experience
- Proven ability to construct scalable Magento modules
- Experience administering LAMP stacks
- Knowledge of Zend Framework, particularly the DBAL
- Familiarity with PHPStorm and the Xdebug PHP extension
- Proficiency with Mac OS X (our primary development environment)
- Experience working in a *nix command line environment
- Application Content
Benefits or should we say "Perks:"
- 100% company paid medical insurance!
- 100% company paid life insurance (with the ability to purchase additional voluntary life insurance)!
- Dental and Vision insurance available.
- Macbook Pro for business and personal use.
- Ability to work from home on an as-needed basis because life happens as does bad weather!
- Monthly fun company events (laser tag, rock climbing, ice skating, picnics in the park,etc!)
- NO dress code - with the exception of your pjs...don't show up in your pjs!
- Kids and pets welcome in the office (we have a dog named Galloway that visits frequently!)
Classy Llama is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Classy Llama does not sponsor work visas at this time.
When applying for this position, please make sure to include the following if at all possible:
- Your resum -- A copy of what's on LinkedIn does not qualify!
- If you have prior experience working with Magento, a copy of a custom theme you have developed.
Classy Llama, according to its namesake, is a bit different. Our culture is outside-of-the-box and our approach to business is a bit unconventional. We have a team of highly committed Llamas that care about each other, our families, our community, and the clients we serve. We have each other's back, and what we do is more than a job; we are fulfilling a mission and pursuing a vision that we are passionate about. We do it to make a real and positive difference... and for the free snacks (read on for more details)
We specialize in eCommerce strategy, marketing, creative, and development. We work with eCommerce merchants who want to take their eCommerce business to the next level by implementing eCommerce best practices powered by solid technology implementation and effective design.
We work with Magento, the fastest growing eCommerce platform in the world. We are one of the oldest Magento Gold Solutions Partners. Our experience with launching over 70 eCommerce sites includes work for brands like glo, Breville, Griffin Technologies, Finis, Planet Blue, Jack Rogers, and Montessori.
We are a team of over 40 people with most of us in the Springfield, Missouri office and a few remote employees who we lovingly call "robots". We love the people we work with and take time to have fun together. We work from our front porch when the weather's right. And we enjoy creating things for our clients that we're proud of.
Check out the Classy Llama Team Page at http://classyllama.com/team for additional awesomeness!!!!!
Sat, 26 Aug 2017 14:13:49 PDT