Important role in organization requiring fit for long term position. Need to have the technical skills but also have the ability to listen, learn, plan and implement.
As Fleet Manager, this position is responsible to the COO for proper direction, coordination, maintenance and repair of all the Company's physical and vehicle assets including the development, maintenance and servicing.
- Act as the Company's fleet manager as to the management, maintenance and cleaning and servicing of the Company's vehicles.
- Recruit and train the department's staff including mechanics and servicing staff.
- Develop the understanding of the local, state and federal government, their impact on the Company and the role the department in achieving the objectives of the Company.
- Hire, suspend and terminate necessary staff for the department in accordance with Company, local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Establish and ensure proactive compliance of policies relating to preventative maintenance, repair and cleaning programs for the Company's equipment, vehicles and facilities.
- Develop and activate a plan for the maintenance, repair and/or development of the Company's operating facilities.
- Proactively interact with other governmental agencies on a local, state and federal level.
- Provide leadership as a member of the management team in establishing priorities and strategic plans promoting short and long- range objectives of the Company.
- Assure enforcement of all rules and policies as provided by the CEO/President and President and COO.
EXPECTATIONS OF THE FLEET MANAGER
- The Manager should possess the necessary knowledge and experience of fleet management, vehicle and equipment maintenance.
- The Manager shall possess the ability to evaluate the facility and equipment needs of the Company and prepare programs and/plans as well as articulate the value of these to the President and CEO.
- The Manager should possess skills in maximizing his or her potential to promote productivity and positive morale.
- The Manager should be a person with a solid understanding and respect for the differences of roles between the Company and the various federal, state and local agencies.
- The Manager should have the ability to interface with various public officials including elected local, state and federal representatives as well as officials of local, state and federal governments.
- The Manager should have the ability to command the respect of those he/she works for, with as well as those he or she supervises.
- The Manager should be a person possessing those traits of honesty and integrity, creativity and flexibility that are essential to the position.
Successful candidate will be technically capable and have the ability to humanly manage a team of mechanics, parts persons and others to insure an efficiently run shop.
Technical Degree or equivalent level of management and/or mechanical experience required. Experience in public or private sector with background in fleet management. Must demonstrate qualities of leadership, administrative ability, and public relations skills. Ability to plan, initiate, direct, and carry out short and long-term programs. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and be able to make public presentations on the Company's status regarding programs involving the maintenance programs.
Passenger Bus Transportation Company
Fri, 25 Aug 2017 17:14:18 PDT