Job Title: Antenna Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Director
Location: Rockville, MD
Employee status: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Benefits: Full package
The Antenna Engineer is a member of the Engineering Team, responsible for product design, development, and support. Responsibilities include designing new products from concept to full production for GPS, Satellite Communication, 4G LTE, and advanced phase array systems. The role provides thought leadership in product engineering and improvements.
Qualified applicants must be creative, detail-oriented, organized, result-driven, and customer-centric individuals, who possess good interpersonal and leadership skills. The position is based in Rockville, MD and requires some travel. Candidate must be able to travel internationally.
• Design new products from concept to full production for GPS, Satellite Communication, 4G LTE and advanced phased array systems
• Hardware prototype construction and testing
• Provide manufacturing support and troubleshooting
• Collaborate with layout and PCB engineers
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales and other technical teams
• Liaise between the customer and internal teams
• Setup/run/define automated testing for quality control and qualification testing
• Perform feasibility studies by leveraging simulation tools
• Provide product development status to senior leadership
Requirements & Experience Guidelines:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, MSEE or PhD preferred
• 1-5 years of experience
• Ability to travel internationally
• Demonstrated experience in antenna design and testing with anechoic chambers and RF test equipment
• Demonstrated experience in wireless communication principles including link budget analysis and propagation channel modeling
• Demonstrated experience with complex matching networks, corporate feeds, filters (primarily SAW and ceramic) and duplexers
• Demonstrated experience in fabrication, and prototyping abilities including soldering and assembly
• Demonstrated experience with power amplifier input/output matching and optimization of ACP, P1dB, and spurs
• Demonstrated experience with bench measurement equipment including signal generator, spectrum analyzer, and vector network analyzer
• Demonstrated experience with antenna specific measurement equipment including nearfield and farfield ranges, experience with Satimo equipment preferred
• Demonstrated experience in antenna and RF simulation and familiarity with industry standard tools including Microwave Studio, ADS, Matlab and similar
• Demonstrated experience with various aspects of PCB design including schematic capture, layout and fabrication processes
• Demonstrated experience with compliance and testing standards such as FCC, ETSI and MIL standards
• Proven ability to effectively synthetize and present results in technical proposal, design documentation and customer presentations
• Demonstrated experience in working in teams
• Exceptionally detailed oriented
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including concise presentation skills
Maxtena is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States.
Maxtena, Inc. is looking for creative, result-driven people, who want to redesign the future of wireless technologies.
By innovating the cutting-edge antennas, our teams are enabling a new generation of wireless technologies to have better precision, design, and performance. Working at Maxtena, you will be in an open, multi-disciplinary environment of continuous learning and intellectual growth. Your involvement in unique projects demands creative solution engineering and exposure to different industries. Together we create a better connected world and save lives.
We look forward to your new ideas and our mutual growth.
Apply now and tell your friends, we are always looking for talent. In fact, be a part of the future today - at Maxtena!
Fri, 25 Aug 2017 12:48:11 PDT