Manager - Learning Technologies (F/T), MFRE20248AA
Responsible for the management, daily operations and supervision of Learning Technologies office. The Manager reports to the Associate Vice President, Operations, Outreach, and Development and is responsible for providing innovative leadership in online education, computer-assisted instruction and technology-enhanced learning. manages the ongoing development, and professional development of faculty and staff utilizing educational technology in teaching and learning. This individual will work with faculty and staff to ensure cohesive and efficient use of instructional technology.
Position Title: Manager - Learning Technologies (F/T), MFRE20248AA
Duties of Position:
- Manage the daily operations for all staff and functions in the Learning Technologies Office.
- Manage the implementation of academic, technology-related initiatives, including those related to online/hybrid and web-enhanced education.
- Collaborate with the Information Technology Division to provide leadership in the acquisition, use and maintenance of instructional technology equipment and learning management systems (LMS).
- Provide support to faculty and staff in the use of best practices in online/hybrid and web-enhanced learning.
- Collaborate with other campus departments to develop and coordinate online/hybrid and web-based pedagogy development for faculty in multi-modal venues.
- Work with faculty, staff and other college constituents, to ensure compliance in relation to federal and state guidelines concerning ADA initiatives and quality assurances.
- Work with Learning Technologies staff in the development and implementation of emerging and innovative methods for course delivery and instructional technology.
- Provide assistance to College personnel in areas related to advancing instructional technology and eLearning.
- Mange the budget to support instructional technology and eLearning initiatives to support professional development of faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies.
- Recruit, supervise, and evaluate personnel assigned to the area.
- Manage employees to ensure maximum productivity, efficient and effective workflow, teamwork and continued professional and personal development.
- Perform other duties ans assigned by the Associate Vice President, Operations, Outreach, and Development.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: 2-3 years' managerial experience in academic setting at the post-secondary level. Post-secondary teaching experience employing instructional/learning technologies. Necessary skills include: demonstrated leadership and management skills, assessment, understanding of higher education best practices, highly developed interpersonal relationship and communication skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Education, Curriculum/Instruction, Higher Education administration, or a discipline taught at the College of DuPage.
EXPERIENCE: Broad understanding of emerging trends in technology and their likely impact on higher education.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Standard business application software, HTML, CSS, PHP, web authoring tools and multimedia tools.
General working environment, minimum 40 hours per week during daytime hours, some additional evening or weekend hours necessary on as needed basis.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Department: Academic Affairs - AA
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt