Faculty Position in Strategic Management
Open date: August 25th, 2017
Last review date: October 2nd, 2017
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: June 30th, 2018
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position in Strategic Management
The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine is seeking candidates to fill one faculty position in the Strategy area to begin as early as July 1, 2018.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, although first consideration will be given to completed applications received by October 2, 2017.
All interested applicants must have a Ph.D. in a relevant discipline, and the Ph.D. must be completed by the start of the academic year 2018, be actively conducting research, and be able to teach core and elective courses in strategy. We are interested in scholars at all levels. Our preference is for someone interested in innovation and/or entrepreneurship. Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience.
STRATEGY AT THE MERAGE SCHOOL:
The Merage School is recognized internationally as one of the world's top 50 business schools. Strategy faculty members include Philip Bromiley, John Joseph, Libby Weber, and Margarethe Wiersema. The closely affiliated organizations group includes Christopher Bauman, Sharon Koppman, Geraldo Okhuysen, Jone Pearce, Maritza Salazar Campo and Maia Young. The School offers an excellent environment to develop as a scholar.
University of California, Irvine ranked #1 on the New York Times list of Top Colleges Doing the Most for Low-Income Students, 8th on Forbes' list of best value colleges, and consistently among the top public universities in the US. The student population at UC Irvine is over 33,000. Located in the heart of diverse Orange County with a population of over 3 million, the University of California, Irvine enjoys the best of what Southern California has to offer: beaches, mountains, deserts, and a broad variety of cultural, entertainment and intellectual activities. Orange County also offers an extremely dynamic and diversified business community. To learn more about the Strategy Area at http://merage.uci.edu/Faculty/AcademicAreas/STR.aspx.
For information about the University of California, Irvine and The Paul Merage School of Business, learn more at http://www.merage.uci.edu/.
For a complete listing of faculty positions at The Paul Merage School of Business, please log onto UC Irvine's RECRUIT located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/.
For tenure-track Assistant Professor in Strategy, please apply at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04194.
(1) curriculum vitae
(2) a brief research and teaching statement
(3) a separate statement that addresses past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion must also be included in the application materials
(4) three letters of recommendation
(6) teaching evaluations
(7) any additional publications and/or working papers
If you have any questions about the application process please contact:
The Paul Merage School of Business
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3130
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. A recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI is responsive to the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Statement of Research - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Teaching Evaluations - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Any additional publications, working papers, or evidence of interest in administrative leadership - Required for final consideration (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-8 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now