Web Systems Developer - College of Business IT Services (A1700521)
WEB SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
Business IT Services
College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Web Systems Developer is a full time, 12-month Academic Professional appointment in Business Information Technology Services, a unit within the College of Business at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Primary Position Function
Create innovative online systems for recruiting the highest quality students to one of the country's top business schools, engaging a global family of more than 66,000 alumni, and integrating complex data systems into seamless experiences for college faculty and staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage and develop the technical architecture, systems integration and user interface experience for all College of Business public presence websites
Manage the integration and user experiences of college internal business applications and dashboards
3. Drive innovation using the latest web technologies and systems integration best practices
4. Collaborate with design professionals to creative innovative user experiences
5. Collaborate with marketing and eLearning teams to create websites that drive audience conversion and creatively integrate college brand identity
6. Collaborate with faculty, college administrative, program, communications, marketing and information technology staff, and student groups in the successful creation and maintenance of college websites and web applications
7. Work with college and campus IT staff to identify, develop, and maintain reliable and high-performing website hosting architecture
8. Integrate multiple existing data sources into web interfaces
9. Develop and maintain rich analytics for college website properties
10. Integrate customer relationship management (CRM) tools into websites
11. Integrate multiple data systems and applications used by campus and the college to streamline workflows and improve user experience
12. Collaborate with other campus units in committees, user groups and co-development of shared systems
13. Provide second-tier support for websites, web content management tools, and internal business applications
14. Document project progress and report/present results
15. Other related duties as required and/or assigned by Director of Business Information Technology Services
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor's degree required; technology or computer-science related degrees preferred
Preferred: Experience in administration and custom development in Drupal CMS platform. Experience in creating websites targeted at student recruitment and alumni engagement. Experience in creating data visualization dashboards. Experience with source control. Experience with systems and analytics integrations. Experience within the University of Illinois and understanding internal processes. Knowledge of database and web services development. Knowledge of mobile website and application development. Knowledge of website usability and accessibility best practices. Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and implementation.
The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date; however, no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. Salary and position level are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by September 24, 2017. For further information regarding our application procedures, email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Web Systems Developer - College of Business IT Services (A1700521)
Open Date: 08/25/2017
Close Date: 09/24/2017
Organization Name: Business IT