Adminstrative Assistant Part-time
Are you an outgoing, fast-paced, detail-oriented team player? Do you want to work for a company that was just named one of the Best Companies to Work For in the DC area by the Washington Post? Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team that wants to make a difference? This is a great opportunity!
The Administrative assistant will support the overall talent function, including the Talent Recruitment, Talent Assessment, and Talent Development teams. Responsibilities include managing offer letters and confidentiality agreements, background checks, and administrative support to the department leader.
**part time 20 to 24 hours per week (4 to 5 days p/week)
**located at corporate headquarters in Herndon, VA
- Communicates with applicants to provide assistance on the application process and answer questions.
- Maintain advertising vendor contacts and contracts including the payment of advertising invoices.
- Facilitate background screening for potential hires and maintain necessary files for compliance; follow-up with managers providing feedback on candidate submittals, including final adjudication status.
- Coordinates and tracks the Corporate Campus Connect program.
- Digital I-9s: super-user account, updating employment status of existing files, reporting for re-verifications, follow-up on incomplete digital I-9s and re-verifications.
- Provide logistical support to the team for various programs and events.
- Sources candidates to assist in the recruitment process during high volume periods.
- Provides administrative assistance to as needed and completes special projects as assigned.
- Associate's degree preferred
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years HR/recruiting/talent coordination, customer service or administrative experience required; Education in lieu of experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate a high focus on quality outcomes.
- Must be able to provide effective and timely information to a variety of sources and accurately respond to questions from employees and applicants.
- Must be able to think independently and work with limited direction.
- Must be able to manage numerous activities/projects simultaneously to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Experience with Workday a plus.
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with applicant tracking systems is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including excellent phone skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% of time
- Travel via plane, car and metro is not required to perform this job
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.