Within the Registrar's Office, the Evaluations Assistant incumbent will be primarily responsible for the preparation and entry of college credit from external institutions and sources for new, continuing, and returning students.
The Evaluations Assistant will be responsible with assisting the Registrar's office with the following tasks:
- Verify all document names and ensure social security numbers agree with recorded student information.
- Determine accreditation status of external institution.
- Prepare incoming documents for data entry.
- Utilize research material from various professional organizations and publications to determine transferability.
- Evaluate and input transfer credit from external sources.
- Determine proper course placement within the program evaluation.
- Verify accuracy and apply applicable substitutions to the program evaluation.
- Apply degree waivers for applicable associate and bachelor degrees.
- Help maintain the equivalency database in Colleague.
- Keep informed of transfer credit policies, articulation agreements, and catalog requirements.
- Prioritize work assignments and tasks to ensure timely completion of evaluations.
- Communicate with students, faculty, and staff regarding policies, transfer equivalencies, and program evaluations.
- Assist advisors and student success coaches as needed.
- Assist on special projects and committees as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and adhere to FERPA regulations.
- Participate and contribute to the success of official events, including, but not limited to commencement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in data entry.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Excellent comprehensive reasoning and analytical ability.
- Ability to adapt to change and learn new procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Job ID 2017-1621
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo