Pediatrics - 300740
The UNT Health Science Center Pediatric Mobile Clinic (PMC) provides high quality health care to children living in underserved areas of Fort Worth at no cost to families. The Pediatric Mobile Clinic travels to schools, community centers, churches and community organizations throughout Fort Worth, providing health care on board a state of the art mobile medical unit. The Pediatrics Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire an Hourly Medical Assistant to join our team.
The Pediatrics Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Medical Assistant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Answers Pediatric Mobile Clinic appointment line and scheduling appointments.
* Accomplishes telephone triage and patient triage.
* Assists with patient check-in.
* Maintains patient medical records.
* Transmit correspondence of medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax.
* Record patients' medical history.
* Takes vital signs.
* Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations.
* Administers medications.
* Administers vaccines.
* Obtains lab specimens as ordered (blood or urine).
* Monitors lab results.
* Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
* Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians' instructions to patients.
* Demonstrates understanding of appropriate infection control techniques.
* Maintains supplies required for functioning of clinic.
* Operates mobile clinic vehicle when needed.
* Works with community agencies and schools to distribute and collect registration packets, and schedule patients for special clinics.
* Attends community events, community meetings, and networking opportunities to promote the services of the program.
* Responsibilities take place on board the Pediatric Mobile Clinic, as well as in the Patient Care Center.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience. Requires graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bilingual, English-Spanish
* Two years' experience working with diverse communities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Commensurate with Experience
Mon - Fri
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Medical Assistant Certification
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled