Dental Care II - Orthodontics
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Dental Care II (Orthodontics)
Position #2650 - Requisition 10114
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The School of Dental Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Dental Care II position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
The purpose of this full-time, University Staff (non-classified) Dental Care II position is to assist Orthodontic Residents with orthodontic procedures, set up and breakdown clinic units, inventory and stock supplies within the designated work areas, perform OSHA standard chair side techniques and perform infection control procedures. In addition, this positon will take diagnostic records, sterilize instruments, fabricate essix retainers, pour and trim orthodontic study models. This position will support 30-45 Residents and 5 faculty daily.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Utilize knowledge of all orthodontic instruments in cassettes, orthodontic supplies, various bracket systems and orthodontic wires.
- Utilize knowledge of the anatomy of the oral cavity and orthodontic terminology, place and remove arch wires, placement of separators, fit orthodontic bands.
- Inventory and stocking of supplies within the clinic and Dispensary, set up and breakdown of orthodontic chair side units, infection control procedures, and give oral hygiene instructions.
- Take high quality diagnostic radiographs such as: PA's, BWX, Panxo's, Cephalometric, Frontal, hand/wrist, and occlusal.
- Process and mount digital images, manipulating images for quality and maintain daily written logs used for quality control and quality assurance.
- Assist and complete retainer and orthodontic appliance fabrication.
- Help stock and maintain the cleanliness of lab work areas.
- Track and monitor appliances and retainers submitted to and returning from outside lab resources.
- Learn the proper sterilization protocols used within the School of Dental Medicine.
- Provide the proper disinfection and decontamination of instruments to ensure all instruments are sterilized and processed in a timely manner.
- Learn the proper protocols of sterile storage with the department dispensary.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range this position has been established at $34,260 to $37,788 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Two (2) years of dental assisting experience.
SUBSTITUTION: Successful completion of an accredited dental assisting program may substitute for one year of experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess current valid CPR and/or BLS certification. Proof of certification MUST be attached to application materials no later than the closing date listed in the announcement. Failure to do so may prevent you from competing in subsequent measures used to arrive at a top group of applicants.
• Experience working in an Orthodontic Office.
• Experience taking x-rays.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Experience working with multiple doctors.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
•Must be willing and able to exert up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
•Must be willing and able to crouch and stoop on occasion.
COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in decision making
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong oral communication skills
• Knowledge of dental terminology and instrumentation
• Knowledge of current dental materials, tools and instruments, and proper use and technique
• Ability to demonstrate a high level, knowledge, and proficiency in all phases of dental assisting
• Familiarity with OSHA and HIPAA guidelines
• Knowledge of taking CBCT's
• • Knowledge of Orthodontic supplies and materials
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. A copy of a current and valid CPR and/or BLS certification. Questions should be directed to: Jennifer Koehmstedt at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Application deadline is September 22, 2017.
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20424 - SDM-Orthodontics
Posting Date: Aug 25, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 22, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Jennifer Koehmstedt
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00002650