8AM - 5PM
$39,480 - $55,980
The Financial Aid Assistant II serves the public, providing students, parents, university staff, and the public with up-to-date information of application procedures on federal, state and university financial aid programs. The assistant handles a high volume of telephone contacts in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Ensures requests for financial aid materials, written communications for the student and requests of required financial aid documents are processed and distributed in a timely, orderly flow to professional staff. The Financial Aid Assistant is responsible for ensuring that the maintenance of and disposition of records complies with university policies and federal regulations. The Financial Aid Office works with a culturally and economically diverse population. The Financial Aid Assistant must be able to interact with students and parents with sensitivity and discretion, while following Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and all applicable University and campus regulation regulating the release of student records. This position requires the ability to efficiently and effectively use automated systems, including mainframe, PC, and web-based applications. The incumbent must maintain a high level of organization in the administration of duties and be able to work effectively with frequent interruptions and adjust priorities as necessary.
The budget hourly rate is $18.91 per hour - $20.17 per hour.
Excellent customer service including written and oral communications skills.
Ability to effectively speak, answer questions, or explain routine or complex information by telephone.
Excellent listening skills, patience, and ability to anticipate and respond to the needs of internal and external customers.
Ability to work with a diverse student population.
Ability to exercise sound judgment.
Proficient computer skills: using Microsoft Office and Outlook programs.
Ability to establish cooperative working relationships and coordinate with other offices or organizations that impact on assigned responsibilities.
Financial Aid experience.
Familiarity with UCR's student information system, particularly the Student Records modules.
Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply federal, state, and UC regulations pertaining to student records, including the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Experience working in a fast pace/call center environment.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview