Salary: $40,300 - $50,100
Title: Events Coordinator
Department: Palm Desert Center
Date Posted: 08/25/2017
Position Information: The Events Coordinator assists with administrative needs and event implementation at the Palm Desert Center, including internal and external business related functions, classes, conferences, Palm Desert Center community outreach events, and facility rental events. Part-time appointment with variable work hours including evenings and weekends. Work located in Palm Desert, California.
Minimum Requirements: With training, ability to use computers and computer software appropriate to work tasks.
Ability to complete simple tasks with established deadlines; attention to detail.
Written and interpersonal communications skills, including tact and political acumen, and skill in effectively representing the campus to its publics. Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively support team priorities.
Organizational skills to effectively coordinate and track multiple details.
Knowledge of concepts and principles of effective event planning and production and public relations.
Basic knowledge of the campus, its mission, vision, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated experience operating audio visual equipment, including projectors, sound systems, and video conferencing equipment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview