Part-Time Library Coordinator (Non-Student Hourly)
Requisition Number STA - 201000000524
Job Title Part-Time Library Coordinator (Non-Student Hourly)
The role of the Library Coordinator is to provide efficient and professional service to all library patrons according to the policies and standards of the Library. The Library Coordinator will complete highly complex assignments which enhance the objectives of the library overall. Work includes managing the creation of metadata representing the library's digital and physical collections and use of specialized skills encompassing use of a variety of electronic databases, processing library materials and gathering and recording statistics, to be used in library assessment reporting. Must be able to handle operations of the library on a solo basis and resolve problem situations.
• Coordinate between Librarians and instructors regarding requests for library instruction
• Receives, handles and oversees the processing of library office material requests.
• Staffs reference desk, and answers reference questions requiring knowledge of researching specialized sources as needed.
• Handles sensitive questions and complaints in absence of Librarians.
• Compiles statistics and prepares reports, using various databases and services.
• Lend, sort, and shelve books, periodicals, DVDs, and other library materials.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and community through outreach and collaboration.
• Generates reports of overdue status and other reports as required by librarian.
• Assist in maintaining library equipment such as adding paper and toner for the printer as needed.
• Assist with filing of classified records.
• Follows appropriate safety procedures and security measures related to work performed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Librarian.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and two years of progressively responsible library experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training that demonstrates the following:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to utilize computer applications toward increased productivity in a rapidly changing environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Good organizational and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of safe working procedures and security measures related to work performed
• Familiarity with university procedures preferred.
• Experience with security sensitive information preferred.
• One-year experience in a customer service environment preferred.
Physical requirements necessary to perform essential job functions
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting items weighing up to 15 pounds.
Driving University Vehicle? No
12 noon to 5:00 pm on Sundays required. Flexible hours scheduled between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Fridays, or between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on Saturdays
Substitution of Experience/Education Yes
Ending Date (if temporary)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Completed application must be accompanied by cover letter, current rsum, copy of most recent college transcript, list of references and available work schedule.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Texas Workforce Commission
- HigherEd Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed
- Linked In
- Professional Diversity Network
- Company Website
- Job Fair
- Current Employee
- Other (Specify Below)
- * Please specify source from above
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer? How did you handle it? What happened?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your knowledge and experience with database systems.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Undergraduate Transcript
- Veteran Preference (DD-214)
- Writing sample