Vice President for Campus Planning and Support Services
The Vice President is responsible for oversight of the University’s physical plant and energy and utilities infrastructure, including the planning, development and management of new construction and renovation projects, oversight of campus police, campus safety, and maintenance of the University’s buildings, land and infrastructure. Provides expert and creative thinking to the challenges of developing and sustaining a high quality physical environment for the university. The highest priority is placed on well-maintained, clean and attractive campus facilities and grounds, and quality food service.
Serves as a member of the President’s Council. Since the division’s function touch so many aspects of university life, the Vice President develops relationships and builds trust with a diverse set of stakeholders, including faculty, staff, students, trustees, contractors, vendors and community leaders. Facilitates the Senior Vice President of Administration and COO in campus master planning and real property acquisition.
Manages architectural and engineering consultants and construction firms, and oversees interactions with various local, state and federal regulatory agencies as it relates to the division’s purpose and ensures the university’s compliance and audit-readiness with applicable laws and regulations.
Directly oversees the campus’s onsite food service vendor to assure the highest quality services are provided. Indirectly oversees custodial vendor and other assigned contracted vendor services.
Assures that all assigned operations are in concert with UMHB’s Christian mission, vision and values.
Some evening and weekend responsibilities/on-call availability are required.
1. A bachelor's degree in a field that correlates to oversight of campus facilities administration. Examples include architecture, engineering, business, public administration, planning, or a related field.
2. A minimum of five (5) years' experience in a complex
organization with diverse stakeholders, in a closely related leadership role. At a minimum, must have experience with facilities management, OSHA (or closely related) safety regulations, construction management, and oversight of vendors..
3. Either experience in, or the capacity to make a successful transition to, a complex private university environment.
4. Proficiency in municipal, state, and federal codes and compliance requirements related to construction and plant management.
5. Strong budget management experience and skills.
6. A high level of critical, analytical, and creative thinking.
7. A track record of success is required in establishing a vision for facilities-management services and capital project delivery that advances mission, maximizes efficiency and return on investment, and demonstrates effective stewardship of assets.
8. Demonstrated success in advising senior leadership on strategic investments in physical plant assets and in the resources necessary to optimize them.
9. Significant experience supervising facilities planning, design, and/or construction.
10. Substantial experience in change management, preferably within an institutional setting, and a track record of innovation in facilities-service delivery.
11. A track record of meaningful initiatives to advance sustainability goals; familiarity with and experience overseeing utility infrastructure, energy efficiency/conservation and environmentally sensitive construction and renovation initiatives.
12. Experience developing and executing maintenance, repair and construction contracts
13. Experience developing and managing the maintenance and repair of multi-use buildings and overseeing the quality of work and productivity levels of a multi-trades divisional in-house staff and vendors.
14. Proficiency in Microsoft Office for Windows applications (word processing, database, spreadsheet, e-mail, presentation graphics, etc.) is required.
15. Proficiency in general office equipment operation is required.
16. Must possess exceptional time management and detail-orientation skills.
17. Must possess a current and valid Texas driver's license and be insurable under UMHB auto coverage.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
18. Advanced subject matter expertise in design, construction, engineering, energy systems, and plant management
19. Experience overseeing law enforcement or security operations.
20. Experience with real property acquisition.
21. Project management and facilities management professional certifications.
22. Experience with CAD, maintenance work-order systems and project management software.
TO APPLY: Visit www.jobs.umhb.edueafebysbcvrseezycaqdscedwbevcbzdstaev for more details and to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application. Application packets may also be submitted/completed in person: UMHB Human Resources, 900 College Street, Belton, TX. 76513. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.