Under general direction of the Director of Application & Web Services, the SharePoint Administrator is responsible for providing technical support and maintenance for the SharePoint environment including assessment and implementation of new capabilities, software upgrades, and a long-term perspective on the relationship of SharePoint technology to the college. Works closely with other IT personnel to monitor system day-to-day operation. Maintains contact with system vendors to follow changes and enhancements.
The SharePoint Administrator is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing and maintaining SharePoint to support and promote student success and lifelong learning.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. Five or more years’ experience developing for and/or managing a SharePoint environment.
3. MCSE or other MS certifications desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Knowledge of SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Services/Portal Server, Windows Server, Microsoft Office Suite, and Microsoft Networking and Support.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
5. Ability to effectively present technical information to management, faculty, and staff.
6. Ability to prepare written proposals, user manuals, Web-page specifications, and reports.
7. Knowledge of information security and systems administration.
8. Knowledge of Web application development languages, such as HTML, XML, Java, ASP .NET preferred
9. Knowledge of MS SQL Server and ODBC concepts preferred.
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:15 pm
On call 24 hours a day – 7 days a week.
Minimum Starting Rate: $64,715
Review of Applications Begins: 09/11/2017
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please apply online to: https://jobs.morainevalley.edu/postings/1717