The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing all areas relating to general accounting, human resources, banking, cash management and forecasting, and accounts payable and receivable. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. The Accounting Manager supervises an accounting staff of three and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in an efficient, accurate manner.
This position must meet time sensitive deadlines for a multitude of accounting activities including payroll and the accounting close. The Accounting Manager will regularly work with the CEO, CFO and Department Managers, which will require strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage and provide oversight of all Company accounting processes, general ledger structure and management reporting requirements.
- Manage all human resources activities, including on boarding and terminations, payroll, benefits management, etc.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly close.
- Support the timely reporting of monthly financial information.
- Manage cash flow reporting and forecasting as required.
- Ensure all monthly account reconciliations are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborate with the department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient policies and procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Respond to inquiries from the CEO and managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and similar items.
- Work with the CFO and external accountants to ensure clean and timely year end financial statement reviews and tax preparation.
- Perform any other job-related duties required by the CEO or CFO.
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Diligence and attention to detal
- A commitment to excellence
- Team oriented
- An active learner
- A mentor and coach
- Ethics and integrity
- Education: BA/BS in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years prior supervisory experience in financial accounting.
- 5-8 years prior experience in financial reporting and general accounting.
- Must be PC proficient, especially with Microsoft Excel and be able to manage multiple concurrent activities and meet deadlines.
- QuickBooks and Google Apps experience would also be very helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Friendly, family oriented early stage business poised for high growth.
Thu, 24 Aug 2017 19:21:24 PDT