Hours per week: 25
Initial Screening Date: 09/14/2017
PLEASE NOTE: In order to be considered for this opening, you must apply through the District website at https://jobs.socccd.edu
The District offers a comprehensive package of insurance benefits to eligible employees, which includes medical and dental insurance, a vision-care plan, life insurance and dependent life coverage, accidental death and dismemberment coverage, and a long-term disability income-protection plan. All premiums are fully paid by the District. Mandatory retirement incentive is with California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS).
Under general supervision from higher level supervisory and/or management staff, performs a variety of professional and technical services in the installation, testing, operation, and maintenance of desktop computers and instructional audiovisual systems; provides technical assistance in the deployment, maintenance, repair and upgrading of desktop computers, audio equipment, video recording and display equipment, computer based multimedia systems, and teleconferencing systems; delivers and picks up equipment; performs maintenance and repair on audiovisual equipment; and participates in the training of college staff and instructors in the use of audiovisual systems and computer based equipment.
This is the entry level class within the Network Technician series. Employees within this class are distinguished from the Network Technician I-III in that the latter positions take on progressive responsibility to organize, coordinate, and oversee the college’s labs, network and server environments. Employees at the Computer/Audiovisual Technician level work in coordination with the Network Technicians and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit.
The duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices. Please see Job Duties for details.
• Principles, practices, techniques and procedures of audiovisual operations, maintenance and repair.
• Desktop computer operating systems and applications.
• Operational characteristics of audiovisual equipment and tools.
• Principles of desktop computer hardware and technical repair skills.
• Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers.
• Principles of analog and digital electronic circuitry.
• Principles of data storage and maintenance.
• Principles and procedures of record keeping.
• English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical digital audio visual equipment and multimedia equipment.
• Operate audio equipment, video recording and display and equipment, computer based multimedia systems.
• Deliver multimedia equipment using standard handling procedures.
• Translate technical terms into non-technical language.
• Understand computer terms and acronyms.
• Learn new processes and procedures.
• Perform heavy lifting and maneuvering.
• Respond to complex requests for information and assistance.
• Plan and organize work to meet changing priorities and deadlines.
• Work independently in the absence of supervision.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
Equivalent to two years of college level course work in computer technology, video production or a related field.
Two years of experience in desktop computer support and audiovisual operations.
License or Certificate:
License or Certificate: Possession of a valid California Driver’s license and proof of insurability.
Please visit the District’s Employment Opportunities website at https://jobs.socccd.edu for a detailed job description, to learn more about the District and to complete an on-line application.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT: The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER