Assistant Professor of Mathematics & Engineering
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-094
Posting Start Date: 8/24/2017
Minimum Education: Masters
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: Masters - $51,972; Doctoral - $55,247
Overview of position:
This position will teach math courses to meet the needs of a growing population of students. In accordance with the College's commitment to ensuring student success, the position teaches students at a variety of skill levels, integrating technology in the delivery of instruction and infusing new approaches in the teaching and learning process in the skillful and innovative remediation of math difficulties.
(Curriculum Development and Assessment)
- Develop and teach 15 hours per semester of math courses
- Assist in curriculum development
- Assist in selection and mentoring of adjunct faculty
- Engage in Departmental assessment and evaluation of courses and programs
- Grade and return student assignments and tests in a reasonable period of time
- Prepare complete course outlines and syllabi
- Continually revise and update course content and materials of instruction
- Coordinate course contents and methods with other teachers in the program/discipline
- Initiate and carry through with improvements to course contents and methods
(Academic Advising and Support)
- Conduct orientation and registration of students, and Provides organized delivery of instruction
- Advise and mentor students
- Meet and assist students during office hours, by appointment or at other reasonable times
- Participate actively in development of Departmental policies and procedures.
- Participate in College Committees
- Participate in Student recruitment
- Keep regular posted office hours (which are scheduled at times convenient for students)
- Participate in traditional functions which have academic significance
- Master's Degree in Mathematics or Mathematics Education;
- Minimum of 3 year's teaching experience, including one year teaching courses in a higher education institution.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.