El Camino College
Division: Administrative Services
Close Date: 10/03/2017
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_classified
Under the direction of the Vice President, Administrative Services, manage the Fiscal Services Division in preparation and control of the annual District budget, monthly financial statements, collection and disbursement of funds and dissemination of fiscal information to the campus community; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
• Manage the Fiscal Services Division; assure proper control of warrants and signatures; direct activities necessary for payment of salaries to employees of the District.
• Develop, monitor and control the various funds of the District budget; calculate and compile income for the budget; review and interpret legislation affecting the budgeting process.
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and select employees and recommend transfers, reassignment, termination and disciplinary actions; plan, coordinate and arrange for appropriate training of subordinates.
• Direct the preparation of the tentative and final budgets for various funds of the District; provide monthly review and reporting of General Fund-Unrestricted budget.
• Provide technical assistance and respond to inquiries of District staff regarding various fiscal matters; serve as liaison between the District and Superintendent of Schools.
• Direct the preparation of monthly financial statements for College Foundation and present statements to the finance committee and Foundation Board as assigned.
• Coordinate external audit programs for District and Foundation.
• Coordinate accounting functions with various divisions; oversee accounts payable function to assure prompt payment of invoices.
• Coordinate the collection of fees and tuition with other departments as appropriate.
• Direct the preparation of and prepare a variety of federal, State and County financial reports; assure reports are files in a timely manner; maintain related files; prepare cost analysis reports; submit reports to appropriate
• Board, department or agency; maintain current knowledge of accounting and reporting requirements of specially-funded projects.
• Operate a computer and other office equipment as assigned.
• Communicate with other administrators, personnel and contractors to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts and exchange information.
• Analyze cash flow of the College's funds and make recommendations for investments for the District; invest funds to maximize returns on the investments.
• Attend and conduct a variety of meetings as assigned; serve on assigned committees.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Planning, organization and direction of the Fiscal Services Division.
• Budget preparation and control.
• Accounting and fiscal practices and procedures.
• Budget concepts, principles and practices.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Principles and practices of supervision and training.
• Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Operation of a computer and assigned software.
• Manage the Fiscal Services Division in preparation and control of the annual
• District budget, monthly financial statements, collection and disbursement of funds and dissemination of fiscal information to the campus community.
• Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Operate a computer and assigned office equipment.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Meet schedules and time lines.
• Work independently with little direction.
• Plan and organize work.
• Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
• Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files related to assigned activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination equivalent to: bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field and four years increasingly responsible accounting or finance experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Valid California driver's license.
• Office work environment.
• Attendance at multiple meetings.
• Extended periods of sitting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full-time, 12-month administrative position. Excellent fringe benefits including eight 32-hour work weeks during the summer. Employment is dependent upon satisfactory employment verification, fingerprint check, and tuberculosis examination. Selected candidate must provide identification and work authorization.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1) Online application https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_classified
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.) Multiple page transcripts must be loaded as ONE pdf document.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application on-line.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3807 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Closing Date: Tuedsay, October 3, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
Only individuals identified for FINAL interviews are eligible to have their expenses paid. Reimbursement will be limited to economy airfare (to and from point of origin) and for meals and lodging. The maximum allocated for meals, lodging and transportation is $600. Candidate must complete a Travel Request and Reimbursement Form and submit it together with all supporting documentation to the Human Resources Office.
Compensation and Benefit Highlights
Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
The College provides a diversified insured benefit program for all full-time employees including medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Dependent medical, dental and vision insurance is available toward which both the College and the employee contribute.
Sick Leave and Disability
Paid sick leave is granted equal to one day for each month of service. Sick leave may be accumulated indefinitely. Rather than State Disability Insurance, limited sick leave benefits are available for days beyond the earned sick leave days and are paid at fifty percent.
Full-time employees contribute a percentage of their regular salary to either the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS) or to the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) and Social Security.
El Camino College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The El Camino Community College District provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.