RN Case Manager Float
This opening is a Per Diem position
Hospice of St Francis provides service to patients and families, covering all of Brevard County.
JOB SUMMARY: The float nurse is a Registered Nurse who is responsible for the accurate assessment of each patient's status, problems and needs. The RN, in conjunction with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team, designs and implements an individualized Plan of Care from admission to discharge/death. The float nurse serves as the coordinator of hospice care for the patient and their family.
EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING REQUIRED:
Requires an Associate degree in nursing. Bachelor's degree preferred. Hospice experience preferred.
Requires a valid current Florida Registered Nurse License and a valid Florida Driver's License.
• Collects and analyzes data from patient's medical history, nursing assessment and staff input to develop a written, individualized Plan of Care which meets the needs of the patient.
• Keen clinical observation of patient's condition, response to treatment/medications and recommend changes to patient's Plan of Care.
• Coordinates nursing care with other Interdisciplinary Team members, including leading the presentation during Interdisciplinary Team meetings, case conferences and discussions with Hospice of St. Francis (HOSF) medical staff and the patient's attending physician.
• Prepares complete and accurate documentation in accordance with all HOSF policies and procedures, Federal/State regulations and Medicare/Medicaid guidelines.
• Maintains strict confidentiality and respect for patient/family privacy and possessions.
• Practices Universal Precautions and safety at all times.
• Teaches patient/family skills needed to maintain patient in comfort and perform personal hygiene activities.
• Provides emotional support to patient/family and other caregivers.
Not for profit hospice
Brevard County, FL
Thu, 3 Aug 2017 21:10:24 PDT