Front Desk Secretary (Part Time)
This position is responsible for facilitating administrative processes of the school, including:
- Perform a broad range of public contact, security and administrative tasks, while observing appropriate professional responsibilities with parents, students and coworkers
- Maintain primary responsibility for answering the main Ricks Center phone line and front door, greet and assist visitors and community members
Record Keeping and Information Management
- Organize school and student records in accordance with State of Colorado regulations
- Maintain the database of student and staff information and keep confidentiality of all such records
Maintain school calendar and weekly newsletters
- Maintain daily student pick-up records, as well as allergy and medical information
Manage student online registration process
- Manage daily operation of hot lunch program
- Provide assistance to administrators on a variety of short and long-term projects, including summer mailings, recruitment and admissions preparation.
- Organize service of substitute teachers.
- Work collaboratively with other secretary and admin team to ensure continuity in all functions.
- Maintain building security by monitoring visitor activity, access points and video security systems
- Maintain office supplies and office equipment, sort and distribute mail daily, work with equipment providers to schedule maintenance
- Serve as Ricks liaison with other divisions such as Physical Plant, Telephone Services, AV, Vermin Control and Parking Services department
- Keep staff lounge, entry, and other common areas clean and tidy
- Perform duties as School Nurse would: take students' temperature, bloody nose, nausea, cuts/scrapes, call to parents, etc.
- Administer, log, and register prescription medications (required training will be provided).
- Perform other tasks as assigned, including hospitality related duties.
- Experience with secretarial/clerical work
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, telephone protocol, standard office equipment.
Monday - Friday from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.