High School Equivalency Program Recruiter (Part time)
High School Equivalency Program Recruiter (Part time)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09140
Location: Rock Creek Campus
Address: 17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 3, Part time, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $42,429/yr to $73,568/yr. Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received
PCC is looking for a HEP (High School Equivalency Program) Recruiter who will assist with the development and implementation of HEP program marketing and recruitment strategies. The HEP Recruiter will recruit participants while attending community events, planning and implementing informational workshops, campus visits, and business and industry visits, as well as inform the public of the HEP program services.
This is a part time (.75 FTE) 1,560 hours per year and is located on the Rock Creek Campus. The hours will vary and could include evenings and weekends.
Benefits will be prorated.
1. Develop, coordinate, and facilitate recruitment strategies for an assigned program or campus. Develop partnerships with local community based agencies and high schools in identifying and recruiting targeted student populations.
2. Develop and implement effective marketing strategies. Design brochures and informational fliers. Attend college and career fairs and other public forums in marketing the college and various programs.
3. Facilitate formal and informal training for faculty and staff on cultural and learning issues. Develop curriculum and related materials.
4. Evaluate and screen program applicants. Assess student needs through interviews or evaluating test scores. Advise and assist students in establishing educational and career goals. Assist students in the enrollment process including completing admissions, registration, and financial aid forms and referring to appropriate college services for specialized assistance or counseling. Develop and implement programs or events to assist students in transitioning to an educational environment.
5. Act as liaison with local community organizations. Advocate for students in securing identified services.
6. Mentor, counsel, and advise at-risk, targeted populations.
7. May develop work sites and/or place students in positions.
8. Perform related duties as assigned.
The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Social Science, or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Demonstrated experience working with various diverse and at-risk populations.
Experience working with students or clients in advising and developing goals.
Experience assessing student needs and coordinating educational and community based services. Spanish / English bi-lingual fluency is required.
- Experience working with grant funded programs
- Experience working with first generation, low-income students
- Experience working with migrant populations
Additional Posting Information:
"High School Equivalency Program Recruiter: is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is "Community Resource Specialist".
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (2) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://pa181.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=55905
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.