Campus Support Services - Purchasing Manager
This position reports the Director of Purchasing and is responsible for identifying an implementing strategic sourcing opportunities and inventory management, oversight and administration of the University purchasing card program, supporting University wide purchasing initiatives, and plays an active role in the institution’s contract review process using judgment and discretion and contributing to making decisions. Also, provides direct supervision of warehouse staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of three years of experience in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Broad technology background required; working knowledge of technology associated with performing in this position and initiative to remaining current in the field
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience with other Microsoft Office applications
- Must have knowledge in overall spend management life-cycle with a focus on strategic sourcing of goods and services
- Experience creating reports and analyzing data
- The ability to produce quantitative analysis, both operationally and financially
- Must be a well-organized, high energy individual with excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to set priorities, make decisions and work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrable good judgment and the ability to work under pressure
- Must have knowledge of negotiating price reductions, volume rebates, contract and contract terms
- The position requires excellent attention to detail in order to maintain the highest quality standards
- Experience in the procurement field
- The ability to learn and become certified to drive the forklift
- Experience in managing employees
- Familiarity with compliance with Federal and State procurement regulations
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.