Senior Grants and Contracts Administrator - Office of Research Administration
General Summary of Position:
This integral position within the Office of Research Administration assists investigators to submit proposals to obtain research funding and manage awards resulting from these proposals. This position facilitates the development and submission of proposals for research funding in accordance with sponsor and university policies, reviews grant awards and contracts for research funding, and manages the set up and monitoring of grants and contracts for research funding.
Essential Job Duties Include:
- Proposal Development: Review and approve proposals prior to submission to ensure compliance with University and sponsor regulations; review and interpret proposal guidelines and advise faculty, as necessary, to ensure compliance with sponsor policies and requirements; prepare and approve budgets in accordance with University and sponsor policies and rates.
- Award set up and management: Review and interpret contracts and grants to identify and document terms and conditions; monitor the need for and process prior approval requests such as no cost extensions, carry forward of unobligated balances, and reduction of effort; identify need for additional funds or cost transfers; review current projects to determine if close out requirements have been met, as appropriate.
- Liaison with sponsor: Act as liaison with sponsor to resolve questions and issues with contracts and grants and to obtain amendments to awards such as rebudgets, additional funding and extensions.
- Review awards and prepare modifications to agreements: Review awards for research funding to make initial determinations regarding allowability of terms and conditions and acceptability in accordance with University policies. Prepare modifications to existing awards to indicate changes in contract terms.
- Present at seminars and workshops: Present at seminars and workshops to train faculty and staff and disseminate information about sponsor and University policies and procedures for obtaining and managing grant and contract funding.
- Miscellaneous: Maintain general knowledge of funding opportunities available for assigned departments; match funding opportunities with needs and expertise of principal investigators.
Promote the University's commitment to customer service by:
- Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
- Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
- Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.