Jimale Technical Services, LLC. (JTS) is looking for Office Engineers with experience working on heavy civil public works project experience such as roads, highways, bridge, bus transit, rail, aviation, and/or water/wastewater conveyance facilities.
- Assist the Resident Engineer (RE) to manage the receipt, distribution, review and compilation of comments, and the tracking and return of all submittals and Requests for Information (RFls) from the contractors.
- Maintain a tracking list of all submittals, including a weekly update of submittals yet to be submitted or resubmitted by the contractors.
- Maintain and distribute current construction drawings and specifications issued by public agency and, the contractor, and job-site record drawings. Confirm on a monthly basis that contractors are maintaining up-to-date record as-built drawings.
- Maintain an updated set of contract documents at the RE office including all RFls, work directives, change orders and field clarifications.
- Identify, log and track potential change issues.
- Maintain logs for submittals, RFls, Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), potential change issues, and Change Orders and publish weekly.
- Prepare weekly and monthly construction progress reports for the RE.
- Review contractor pay application and invoices
- Attend construction management team meetings, record minutes, action items and track progress
- Assist RE in cost estimate and schedule reviews.
- Track materials deliveries and quantities of Work performed.
- Coordinate with surveying, materials testing and environmental oversight consultants.
- Confirm performance of QA survey checks QA tests, and inspections have been performed.
- Assist the RE with construction contract closeout.
- Review all 0perations & Maintenance manuals and warranty submittals to assure they meet approved submittals and specifications.
- Write letters response letters to agency staff, stakeholders, general contractor, etc.
- Perform other duties as requested by the RE.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of responsible experience in construction or the relevant equivalent.
- Logistics, planning, and/or construction/engineering administration experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office, Expedition or equivalent, Document Control software (e.g. SharePoint, Primavera, and LiveLink) and project scheduling required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required, including the ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating so that you get along with clients, contractors, co-workers, and management.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, such as boxes of records, is required.
- Ability to sit at a workstation and perform data entry is required.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs and ladders, and navigate uneven terrain throughout construction worksites for up to 10 hours a day is required.
- Knowledge of alternative procurements; Design-Build and GC/CM
Jimale Technical Services, LLC. (JTS) is a construction management and project controls consulting company that works in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry for public agencies, and provides consulting services on public works projects. Based in Seattle, Washington, JTS specializes in light & heavy rail, roads, mass transit facilities, waste water plant & conveyance system for all phases of development.
To learn more about JTS visit www.jts-seattle.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our Company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Work is performed in a standard office environment.
Subject to standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, and lifting of objects up to 35 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:50:12 PDT