Police Department Technical Specialist (F/T), CFRE43065OCT
Provide expert technical support for the College of DuPage Police Department. This position will be located in the HEC and will serve as the key technical resource for the police department.
Position Title: Police Department Technical Specialist (F/T), CFRE43065OCT
Duties of Position:
- Responsible for providing expert technical support to users of Police Department systems including access control, ID card badging, security cameras and recordings, radios, squad car laptops, parking lot control gates, and alarm monitoring.
- Maintain user data, schedules, and settings within police department systems to provide for day to day operation of these systems. Compile data and create reports, charts, and statistical documents as directed.
- Coordinate repair of existing and installation of new/replacement police department systems with both internal college resources and with outside vendors.
- Serve as technical liaison to other state agency technical support in support of CADS, LEADS, and the county technical ticket writing system.
- Provide technical support for the regional emergency command center on an on-call basis.
- Provide routine scheduled maintenance on equipment and maintain inventory of technology located within the department. Recommend upgrades of equipment and assist in the cyclic replacement of both hardware and software.
- Provide support to department personnel with emergency notification systems, electronic crime tip reporting, and campus safety mobile app.
- Evaluate security and police technology for application within the college environment.
- Assist end users with data and video capture and camera control as needed to support the needs of the department.
- Provide one-on-one and small group training on the equipment, software, and systems used by the department.
- Advise and assist police department personnel with general technology questions and refer issues to others within the IT department as appropriate.
- Perform all duties of an Information Center Specialist I as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years providing PC and AV support to end users.
EDUCATION: AA or AS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years providing PC and AV support in an educational or Public Safety environment.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in related field.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, printer, FAX machine, copier, scanner, MSOffice (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), MyAccess, and Internet. AV equipment including networked cameras, digital video recorders, control systems, cameras, etc.
Regular 40 hours per week with adjustment of schedule during special events. Occasional evening and weekend hours as required.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Information Technology - IT
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt