Digital Marketing Specialist
Position Title: Digital Marketing Specialist
Department: Department of Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Status: Administrative Faculty, 12-month
Salary: Commensurate with experience, including a full benefit package
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and executing a digital marketing plan encompassing the use of SEO/SEM, social media and digital ad campaigns. The incumbent will work closely with others on the Marketing and Communications team to align messaging and strategic with the College's brand guidelines and overall marketing strategy. This position reports to the AVP for Marketing and Communications with close working relationships with the Art Director, Director of Media Relations, Senior Editor, Lead Web Developer and Web Content Manager. The person in this position will lead the strategy, development, execution and optimization of paid digital efforts, including display advertising, mobile, SEM and SEO.
- Develop content strategy for distribution on website, blogs, social media sites, microsites and digital marketing campaigns.
- Serve as key liaison to any vendors hired to assist the College in digital marketing initiatives.
- Initiate and refine keyword campaigns through Google AdWords to promote brand awareness and target specific audiences.
- Maintain and grow engaged social media communities to promote Earlham College.
- Maintain, update and implement social media guidelines.
- Stay current with social media trends and practices.
- Conduct instructional workshops about the use of social media when requested.
- Monitor and report on digital marketing and social media return on investment and key performance indicators, including collaborating with AVP on reports for senior leadership and the board of trustees.
- Serve as project manager for the creation of digital ads for use on social media sites and other digital marketing projects.
- Navigate across multiple levels of the institution and effectively manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with coursework in marketing, communications, or related topics
- At least two-years of experience in a digital marketing or social media role
- Proficiency with analytics platforms such as Google AdWords and Sprout Social Media.
- Familiarity with Web design and content management systems.
- Working knowledge of social media technologies (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and/or other means for the creation of production of advertising and marketing materials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
The application review begins immediately, and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
Please send a letter of application addressing the responsibilities of the position and qualifications of the applicant; resume; and the name, position title, e-mail address and phone number of three professional references in a single PDF or MS Word file to:
801 National Road West
Richmond, Indiana 47374-4095
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Earlham College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks applications from candidates who contribute to diversity in terms of race, ethnicity, age, religious affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and veteran status, among other differences. As a College with a Quaker identity, Earlham also is eager to solicit applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.
POSITION Digital Marketing Specialist
REQ NUMBER MAR-17-00001
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Earlham emphasizes the pursuit of truth, lack of coercion, respect for others, openness to new truth, integrity and application of what is known to improving our world.
Earlham College and the Earlham School of Religion are located in Richmond, Indiana, a city of about 39,000. Founded in 1847 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Earlham College is an independent, four-year, coeducational, residential institution of higher learning. Approximately 1,200 undergraduate students attend Earlham College on its 800-acre tree-shaded campus. Earlham College offers Bachelor of Arts degrees in 40 disciplinary and interdisciplinary fields, as well as permitting self-designed studies and a cooperative program in engineering. Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education degrees also are offered at Earlham College.
EOE STATEMENT Earlham College, an independent, residential college, aspires to provide the highest-quality undergraduate education in the liberal arts, including the sciences, shaped by the distinctive perspectives of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.