Applications Administrator, SalesForce
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Enrollment Management and Retention (EM&R) Division - Graduate Enrollment Management, Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships, the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Student Financial Assistance, Undergraduate Admissions, Strategic Enrollment Initiatives, International Enrollment, Enrollment Retention and EMR Systems and Analytics - works to enroll, retain, and graduate an ever more passionate, academically talented and diverse student body. Through the formal unification of our units, we have focused on building an organization that recognizes the distinct roles and expertise of each individual department, while also identifying and leveraging opportunities for collaboration. Most important, our goal is to ensure an outstanding experience for students - prospective and current.
The Applications Administrator, SalesForce as part of the EMR Systems and Analytics team will serve as key member of the core governance group (TargetX Advisory Board) and work closely with Graduate Enrollment Management, Undergraduate Admissions and the Division of IT to ensure the TargetX/Salesforce CRM is meeting the needs of the user base (prospects, applicants, current students, staff and faculty).
The Applications Administrator, SalesForce is responsible operational oversight and optimal performance of the TargetX/Salesforce CRM. TargetX is the primary source of electronic marketing and communications to prospective applicants and the entry point for the majority of GW's graduate and undergraduate admissions applications. Future planned usage of the system includes academic advisors and customer service staff.
The Applications Administrator, SalesForce will lead new technical work, manage ongoing and new integrations between Salesforce and the University ERP system, research, propose and implement new functionality and technical solutions to further enhance capabilities of the system to meet strategic goals for the division and university. The Applications Administrator, SalesForce will also lead efforts to formalize a support response system, develop and deliver training on usage of the system, establish and share best-practice usage procedures for staff to ensure consistent usage and data integrity.
The Applications Administrator, SalesForce will lead the planning, testing and execution of system upgrades, this will include coordination of testing with end users, coordination of periodic sandbox refreshes and will collaboration with DIT on and connections between salesforce and the ERP, Informatica updates and associated testing.
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technologies, Business Administration, or similar
• Certified Salesforce Administrator with progressive experience in configuration, development, testing, and support of a live operational Salesforce instance preferred
• Experience with Salesforce Sales, Marketing and Service Cloud Solutions
• Experience with the development and operational oversight of data integrations between CRM and ERP applications
• Experience with solution design activities such as data mapping, object modeling, page layout design, workflows, rule logic definition, automated alerts, field updates, communication flows, Conga, Process Builder, and other Salesforce applications
• Skilled in the design, development and maintenance of dashboards and reports as required by executives and end users.
• Experience with Relational Databases
• Proven track record of successfully collaborating with partners to implement technical systems
• Ability to analyze user requirements and issues, provide best fit solutions while maintaining the integrity of the existing applications
• Expertise with iterative release cycles and the management of the software testing process specifically development of test plans, test cases, establishment of protocols and tracking of progress from distributed testers
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Higher Education experience
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Enrollment Management Family Information Technology Sub-Family Systems Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm, with occasional nights and weekends Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006609 Job Open Date: 08/24/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter