Duties: CBICA is seeking an intermediate Linux system administrator to support researchers in biomedical image analysis. You can make a direct contribution to medical and scientific research by helping maintain and improve the Center's growing HPC facility, all while working with smart people in a great environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Build, install, document, and maintain Linux servers, network devices, storage arrays and other core components
* Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems
* Provide system and application support to clinical, research, and application development users
* Create scripts and tools to automate system and operational processes
* Help determine and implement policies and procedures for all phases of system operation
* Administer and support Windows and Mac OS devices.
Qualifications: The minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 1 to 2 years of full-time professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience are required. Strong, progressively responsible experience is highly preferred.
* Linux System Administration (RHEL-based)
* Linux scripting (BASH)
* Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
* Strong troubleshooting skills leading toward root-cause analysis and practical issue resolution
* Ability to communicate effectively with investigators and staff with a wide range of technical knowledge; capable of training users in applications and Linux fundamentals and writing basic documentation
* Perl, Python, C++
* Experience with automated provisioning/configuration management (Puppet preferred)
* HPC configuration and operation (SGE preferred)
* HA cluster experience (RHCS preferred)
* Enterprise storage and FC SAN experience
* Experience with clustered filesystems (GPFS preferred)
* Windows and Mac OS X administration, automation, and support
Reference Number: 40-26538
Salary Grade: B
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: E-Information Systems/Technology