Youth Programming Instructor
Youth Program Instructors teach programming classes to kids and teens within our Generation Code Initiative. This role is responsible for delivering curriculum, creating an engaging learning environment, and student success.
- Successful delivery of curriculum to students
- Complete classroom management training
- Conduct pre and post assessments
- Complete personal development training
- Be an active advocate for the program and the schools
- Completion of daily Reflection forms
- AA degree required unless you have successfully completed a coding boot camp or certified training.
- 6 months experience as a front-end developer OR equivalent experience.
- Experience as a teacher or other experience working with youth (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, babysitting, etc.)
- STEM programming experience (i.e.: Robotics, MineCraft, Lego MindStorm, Raspberry Pi, or alternative programs of a similar type).
- Strong communication skills
- Must enjoy working with kids and teens and enthusiastically engage the students.
- Jobs based in NY or the Greater NYC vicinity, and Fairfax County, VA.
- This is a part time job that requires a 3 month commitment
- Coding classes are scheduled at a range of times throughout the day in a variety of settings, so scheduling is flexible.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.