Working Title: Office Manager
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: International Studies Office
Posting Date: 08-24-2017
The International Studies Office is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as its Office Manager. The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and provide front office coverage and triage of in-person, phone, and e-mail traffic.
- Coordinate and provide administrative support to the two professional advising teams: International Student and Scholar Program and Education Abroad, and to the ISO Leadership.
- Manage administrative workflows, including document/form collection, copying, scanning, and mailing; data entry in appropriate databases and linking scanned documents to student records in SIS.
- Manage records and filing systems in accordance with Record Management Policy.
- Maintain office supplies, equipment, workstations, and ISO public areas.
- Provide support to organizers of ISO events.
- Schedule and coordinate office meetings, maintain master calendar of ISO events and anticipate and coordinate office staffing needs.
- Provide office orientation to new department employees and off-board departing employees.
- Supervise support staff and temporary employees.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least four years of office management and administrative experience are required. Bachelor's degree may substitute for experience. Must have experience with leading or managing other support staff.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work in a fast paced office environment.
Ability to respond to multiple tasks.
Strong people skills.
Intercultural skills and sensitivity; ability to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Data entry skills.
Knowledge of office filing systems and organization.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82612