Working Title: Faculty Secretary
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: School of Law
The University of Virginia School of Law seeks a faculty secretary to provide administrative and clerical support for a group of instructional faculty at the School of Law. The administrative support includes: preparing course materials, merging files and letters for the clerkship application process, assisting with exams, collecting mail, maintaining paper files, managing correspondence, and communicating effectively orally and in writing. The position requires a candidate who functions well as part of a team and has the flexibility to respond in a timely fashion to varying needs of the faculty.
Apply on-line at http://jobs.virginia.edu (Posting Number 0621560). Include a cover letter, a resume, and the names of three references.
The position will remain open until filled.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to demonstrate initiative and apply both critical thinking skills and analytical thought processes to interpret faculty members' needs and respond accordingly;
* Strong, demonstrated competence with full range of administrative support duties;
* Adaptability to follow instructions and procedures that vary widely among assigned faculty;
* Skill in taking accurate and thorough messages;
* Meticulous attention to detail;
* Ability to self-organize and set priorities;
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82597