Technology Service Coodinator
Technology Service Coodinator-1702228
At Stony Brook Medicine, a Senior Programmer Analyst –Technology Services is a valuable member of our team, who provides administrative and executive support and has the ability to interface with all levels of management throughout the hospital. Install, repair, service, and PM hospital IT hardware and software in the UHMC Domain, PCs, printers, peripherals, servers, OS, and network applications.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate superior patient care and possess outstanding communication skills while adhering to our high standard of excellence.
Duties of a Senior Programmer Analyst in the Technology Services Center may include the following but are not limited to:
- Reports to Director of Technology Services, and works with Infrastructure managers/supervisors, as well as the ticket database system in order to assist with scheduling and workflows. Provides Analytics to Director to highlight unit performance and capabilities. Offers suggestions to maximize performance.
- Delegate incoming tickets to all queues. Work with the Help Desk Manager as needed to analyze tickets and promote first call resolution. Assign Help Desk tickets to staff, help minimize wait time and perform follow up to make sure issues are resolved. When needed offer assistance and/or delegate to appropriate resource.
- Works with all I.T. Infrastructure Directors/Managers for all HR/ Administrative processes and procedures.
- Works with I.T. Business Support and other ancillary departments in order to handle day to day Technology procurement/purchasing and administrative needs for SBUH, CPMP, Captive & HSC IT.
- Work with IT Infrastructure directors and ISO to achieve technical goals and strategies.
- Maintain Client Support policies and procedures and maintain software licensing compliance.
- Work with Director to assign special projects, go-lives and other tasks to staff as needed and manage the schedules to ensure proper coverage. Assess clinic and clients' technical requirements and needs for projects and go-live events.
- Confirm adherence to Technology Service Standards and evaluate new models/technologies to replace. Ensure Technology Services webpage is current with up to date models and pricing.
Required Qualifications: Associates or Technical Degree in computer related field. Minimum Five (5) years' experience in IT support, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Two years minimum experience working with NY State inventory management protocols. Detail oriented and must have strong analytical and organizational skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Ten (10) or more years supporting I.T. infrastructure and systems in a healthcare environment. Bachelor’s degree in computer related field, project management experience, and previous experience working in a Health Care facility. Advance IT Certifications such as MCITP, MCSA, and MCSE. Working knowledge of Computer Associates Service Desk Manager Help Desk Software and ITIL for IT service management.
Special Note: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Senior Programmer/Analyst
Job Field: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Client Support-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 AM to 5:00 PMClient Support-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Aug 24, 2017
Posting End Date: Sep 23, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL4