Instructional Design Assistant
Posting Date August 24, 2017
Position Title Instructional Design Assistant
Vacancy # N/A
Department Technology Training & Integration
Division Information Technology
The Instructional Design Assistant (IDA) is a temporary full-time position in the Technology Training and Integration department within the Information Technology Division at Montclair State University. The TT&I department is an exciting, highly-collaborative and fast-paced working group. The IDA works closely with instructional designers in designing, developing and supporting online and hybrid courses across the University. He or she will be assisting with the technical development of assigned course design projects and instructional applications. This role is also responsible for staying current and providing assistance with both university supported and other potential educational technologies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Assists instructional designers to develop, deliver, and maintain high-quality face-to-face, online and hybrid courses and other innovative forms of education
• Utilizes appropriate technologies to develop instructional content (such as lectures), interactivities, quizzes, surveys, other assessment instruments and instructional pages
• Provides technical consultation and support to both faculty and students
• Assists with multiple course design projects across academic programs
• Communicates with instructional designers, faculty and instructors/coaches to ensure timely delivery of course content
• Tests and ensures all designed course content and learning activities in the Learning Management System work properly through compatibility testing of multiple operating systems, web browsers, multimedia plugins, etc.
• Collaborates with Instructional Designers to manage course review, quality control and quality assurance and manages course updates to implement desired enhancements to courses
• Develops instructional resources as needed to help faculty, staff, and students with using educational technology
• Assists faculty and students by providing technical support and troubleshoots technical issues
• Provides support to the university community to effectively use campus-supported technologies
• Investigates new instructional technologies and technical solutions to improve and support various instructional needs and environments
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelors degree or higher with experience in developing educational web-based materials as well as content within Learning Management Systems such as Canvas
Proficiency with multimedia-oriented tools such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, Captivate, and Camtasia
Strong communication skills and ability to function in a team environment
Strong attention to details
Ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION