SYS Business Services (BSC) - 922000
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F, 8-5 w/ some occasional overtime as needed, flex schedule as applicable
The University of North Texas System Business Support Services department was first established as part of the UNT System's shared services initiatives September 1, 2011 to provide valuable, shared business services in support of the member institutions, which include the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas.
UNTS Business Support Services, located in Denton, Texas, provides a diverse range of services to all of our institutions, such as a centralized call center for accounts payable, payroll, purchasing, time and labor, and travel; contract management, policy management; process improvement; procurement services and strategic sourcing; UNT System administrative budget services, financial security services, centralized administrative support services and the HUB (historically underutilized businesses) program. The core values that guide the staff are integrity, innovation, inclusiveness, individual growth, initiative, and having an inspiring and engaging environment. UNTS Business Support Services is currently seeking a highly competent and motivated HUB Specialist to join the Historically Utilized Business (HUB) program team. This position is located at the UNTS Business Service Center in Denton.
The Business Support Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a HUB Specialist to join our team.
Work involves providing supplier diversity related service to departments within UNT System Administration, UNT, UNT Health Science Center and UNT Dallas as well as HUB certified vendors. Works under moderate supervision, with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provides direct service to vendors and potential vendors.
* Assists vendors with HUB certification process.
* Analyzes expenditure data and provides monthly reports to management.
* Prepares expenditure data for required state HUB reporting.
* Assists with some HUB outreach events in the Dallas, Fort Worth, and Denton area.
* Delivers customer service to internal and external customers that supports the values and mission of UNT System shared services.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the following required knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Intermediate MS Office Skills
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations verbally and in writing
* Ability to deliver presentations to large groups of individuals
* Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
* Ability to gather and analyze data, compile information and make decisions or recommendations
* Ability to provide high-quality customer service and maintain those standards for the area
* Ability to identify and anticipate customer needs and make recommendations accordingly
* Ability to develop strong relationships in order to gain support and achieve positive results
* Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University policies and procedures related to the area of assignment
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* State of Texas experience
* Higher Education experience
* Historically Underutilized Business program experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting