CLB Project Manager
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine
CLB Project Manager
Position # 00737491 - Requisition 10856
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Manager position.
Nature of Work:
University of Colorado Denver, Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine in conjunction with the University of Colorado Hospital seeks an experienced Project Manager to work in clinical program development within the Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine for the Comprehensive Lungs and Breathing Program at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. This position will run, administer, and organize all project activities related to the Center for Lungs and Breathing, aiming at the flawless execution of the clinical operation and incorporating a new translational research arm for the CLB. This will include program development, marketing, outreach, and business planning.
The CLB is composed of 7 separate, but interrelated "pillars" which include: 1) Advanced Lung Disease, 2) Asthma and Allergy, 3) Pulmonary Vascular Disease, 4) Sleep, 5) Malignancy, 6) Complex airway, and 7) Lung Transplant. Each Pillar is comprised of multiple medical and surgical specialties. While the clinics are separated physically from one another, they will interact closely to optimize patient care. They need to operate effectively and efficiently and must provide excellent patient access. The role of the Project Manager will be optimizing our clinic operations.
The CLB requires detailed attention to marketing and client- center alignment due to its close and persistent interaction with our marketing and outreach departments, each of which has an arm dedicated to the CLB. The Program Manager will need to take a leading role in enacting our marketing and outreach plans, coordinating and refining materials with these departments and with the physician champions.
As a business entity, the CLB must closely monitor productivity and staff efficiency. Budgetary requests and constrains for new equipment and space must be managed. Billing must be optimized and patient satisfaction and outcomes must be closely monitored. The Program coordinator will play an essential role in developing and enhancing the business model of the CLB.
Finally, the CLB has recently added a translational research arm to its responsibilities. This arm must now be built de novo. New operating procedures, IRB consents and patient research protocols need to be developed. The research arm must also become self-sustaining financially, beyond its initial seed money. The Project Manager will play an integral role in the development and maintenance of this new research endeavor.
Examples of work performed:
Specific duties of the position include, but are not limited to the areas of program & project management and financial administration with regard to the project.
- Helps develop CLB business model, including the creation and implementation of marketing materials and outreach
- Liaises with pillar directors, faculty, and staff to optimize clinic operations and provide streamlined patient access
- Develops project scope, deliverables, and business plans in alignment with project objectives in order to coordinate 7 interrelated pillars and increase efficiency of patient care
- Manages clinical programs, activities, resources, equipment, and information
- Develops and maintains translational research arm of CLB including creating new operating procedures, IRB consents, and patient research protocols
- Identifies, secures, and manages resources necessary for project success
- Prepares proposals, timeframes, schedule and budget
- Monitors and tracks budget and project expenditures including working hours
- Develops strategies for reaching project milestones and staying on appropriate timeline and addresses setbacks if necessary
- Processes COMIRB application and renewals
- Communicates project status to all participants and act as the point of contact
- Issues all appropriate legal paperwork
- Processes study subject payments
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in public health, public administration business administration, biosciences, statistics, or a directly related science field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional level experience working with Project Managers for the delivery of projects.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Previous Experience in Academic or Medical setting preferred
- Experience in Research Project Management including proposals and budget preparation
- 1+ year of experience working with clinical trials, including the administration of trials
- Experience with COMIRB protocols and/or other legal paperwork and contracts
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Knowledge of basic project management tools and techniques
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring all details are being covered
- Within the scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgement and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and of project management tools
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Rebecca Propes at Rebecca.Propes@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by September 5, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 5, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rebecca Propes
Posting Contact Email: Rebecca.Propes@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00737491