Facilities Technician II - Electrician
Facilities Technician II - Electrician
Facilities Technician II
Facilities-Gen - 152000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
The Electrical Maintenance Group with the Facilities Maintenance Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Facilities Electrician.
The division consists of seven Departments: Custodial Services, Grounds Department, Electrical Maintenance Shop, Utilities Maintenance, Structural Maintenance, Construction Services, and Auxiliary Services. For additional information on the Facilities Maintenance department you may visit our website at: http://facilities.unt.edu/depts/maintenance.
The Facilities Maintenance Department supports the academic, research, housing, and dining facility needs for the University of North Texas while providing responsible stewardship and efficient operation of the University's physical assets. The Facilities Maintenance team performs routine and preventative maintenance and repairs of the campus buildings and utility infrastructure. Grounds services provides an aesthetically pleasing environment for University faculty, staff, students, and visitors by maintaining all campus turf, landscapes, irrigation system, litter control, solid waste management and recycling. Facilities Maintenance maintains, repairs, constructs, and renovates University facilities and installed systems in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, and in conformance with University policies and standards.
As one of the nation's largest public universities and the most comprehensive in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we are dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience to a diverse student body of approximately 38,000 students. UNT is a student-focused Tier One Public Research University with 12 colleges and schools offering 101 bachelors, 82 masters, and 38 doctoral degree programs, many nationally and internationally recognized. With more than 400 student organizations, NCAA Division I athletics and an array of concerts presented by our world-renowned College of Music, there's something for everyone at UNT. UNT has been named by Forbes as one of America's 100 Best College Buys® for 21 consecutive years, the state's most affordable research university, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and The Princeton Review named us a "Best in the West" university. Livability.com named Denton the 9th Best College Town in the nation.
The Facilities organization at UNT is a service provider comprised of the following divisions: Facilities Planning, Design & Construction (FPDC); Facilities Maintenance (FM) and Facilities Support & Services (FSS). We are responsible for the planning, renovation, maintenance and repair of university buildings and facilities, as well as other services playing an essential role to the mission of the University of North Texas. Facilities has over 325 employees who lead the way in caring for and operating over 170 facilities and 904 acres of landscape. Our goal is to provide world class support for the University by ensuring safe, reliable, efficient facility and utility services delivered with outstanding customer services and effective stewardship of resources and the environment. For additional information on Facilities you may visit our website at: www.facilities.unt.edu. University of North Texas Career Bands are located on the Human Resources website at: www.hr.unt.edu under the subtitle of Pay Plan.
The Facilities Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Facilities Technician II - Electrician to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Perform the duties of a normal State of Texas Journeyman Electrician.
* Troubleshoot & Repair Electrical Systems, Preform Preventive Maintenance on Electrical systems, and new electrical installation in University Buildings, mainly on the east side of campus.
* Puts together estimates for small electrical projects. Solicits bids from electrical contractors for small projects.
* Assists in the inspection of electrical installation in new remodel construction projects.
* Thorough knowledge of electrical safety and operating procedures.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years experience in related maintenance/repair field. Substitution of education for experience allowed. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of and skill in use of standard tools, equipment, materials, methods, and practices of general maintenance task.
* Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of general maintenance.
* Knowledge of blueprints, schematics, and working drawings.
* Ability to use basic shop math applications.
* Ability to locate and identify problems in appropriate building system or equipment and to plan and execute necessary repairs.
* Physical ability to perform moderately heavy physical work which includes lifting and crawling, and to remain outdoors in inclement weather.
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
* Valid driver's license and ability to drive a vehicle, and maintain coverage under University auto insurance policy, if required to drive University vehicles.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Have or be able to acquire a State of Texas Journeyman Electrical License.
* A valid State of Texas Driver's License or ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment and clean driving record.
* Be able to read and understand electrical drawings.
* Five (5) to Six (6) years experience in the electrical trade.
* Thorough knowledge in the use of specialized electrical tools, meters and other devices.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, & references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting